I’m feelin’ Aussie so I thought I should speak as one…
do you fancy that? I love the way they talk!
…Soooo, my neighbor caught me trying to get a glimpse of her grocery bags…again…
Yes, I am interested to see where my neighbors shop for their food. I know…SO weird!
BUT it tells me a little something about their lifestyle. Like, if I see them carrying “Whole Foods” bags then I know that she must really, really care about her whole foods if she drove 70 miles for it. (We do live in booneyville, don’t we!?!) If she/he is carrying bags from the nearest convenience store, then she/he is very busy and paying 5-times more for their food doesn’t bother them. When I see a “Wal-Mart” bag filled with food items, I think penny-pinchers!
See? It makes sense, right?
Okay, I see… you wanna talk about some Fish Tacos with Creamy Lime Mustard Sauce! After all, that’s why you’re here. I know. I get you.
Well, here’s a story all about how my palate got flipped, turned upside down…and I’d like to take a minute just sit right there…I’ll tell you how I became …. a fan of fish tacos. I can’t rhyme. 😛
Yeah, I am not big on fish. But! But, but, but…smother it with some of this beautiful sauce that I like to throw together and I am game! Put it in a taco and I am flyin’ high!
All it is is some onions, garlic, lime, wine, and cream. That’s all you need to slather over your fish and fall in love with said fish. Most people like to use tilapia for their fish tacos, but I say use whatever fish you want. My choice is always salmon. Tilapia is a close second.
Got some tortillas? Good! Let’s cook!
OH! Before I go! Don’t forget to enter my giveaway for a KitchenAid Stand Mixer!
Fish Tacos + Creamy Lime Mustard Sauce
- 1- pound white fish fillets , such as Tilapia
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 6 to 8 soft taco tortillas
- 1/2 head of green or red cabbage , or you can use salad greens
- 1 avocado , sliced
Creamy Lime Mustard Sauce, for garnish (recipe to follow)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole yellow onion , diced
- 2 cloves of garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder , or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place fillets in a baking dish.
- Drizzle fillets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake fillets for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While the fish is cooking, prepare the Creamy Lime Mustard Sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add diced onions and cook over medium-high heat until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Whisk in the white wine, dijon mustard, lime zest, and lime juice; cook until reduced by half; about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add chili powder.
- Whisk in the whipping cream and continue to cook and whisk until sauce thickens; about 1 to 2 minutes.
Construct the Tacos
- Warm the tortillas by heating a medium frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tortilla at a time, flipping to warm both sides.
- Break up the cooked fish with a fork and place it in a warm tortilla.
- Top it with cabbage or salad, and avocado.
- Add the creamy lime mustard sauce.
Check out some of my favorite Fish Tacos recipes:
Fish Tacos with Creamy Green Chile & Cilantro Sauce Recipe from Cookin’ Canuck
Healthy Baja Fish Tacos with Creamy Chipotle Sauce from Curry and Comfort
Crispy Panko Fish Tacos from The Shiksa
Italian Fish Tacos from Chocolate & Carrots