Perfectly pan seared chicken breasts smothered with a wonderfully rich and creamy spinach sauce. This easy chicken recipe is a fantastic low carb, Keto-friendly dinner, and it comes together super fast!
FLAVORFUL & JUICY CHICKEN BREASTS
Say goodbye to dry, flavorless chicken breasts and HELLO to this easy and flavorful skillet dinner with chicken and creamed spinach! Tender and juicy chicken breasts in a delicious spinach sauce, all cooked in one pan and in just 30 minutes! It is the most perfect weeknight dinner.
From time to time, my husband likes to make a tub of my Creamed Spinach and then he eats it with any protein you can think of throughout the week. There was also a time where he just took the tub, sat in front of the TV, and ate up all the creamed spinach with a loaf of crusty bread. UGH! To be 6-foot 3-inches with a soccer bod… 🙄
Anywho. Point of my story is that, because of his creamed spinach obsession, I made us this Easy Chicken Breasts Recipe with Creamed Spinach Sauce and it was DA bomb diggidy! All of the delicious flavors of cheese, spinach, and chicken packed into a delicious dinner recipe!
AN EASY CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE
How to cook juicy chicken breasts in a pan? Just follow these steps and you’ll be on your way to eating the best pan fried chicken breasts.
First, if you have 15 minutes extra, I advise to let the chicken sit in salted water, just as I have done here with my Oven Baked Chicken Breasts. It ensures a tender and REALLY juicy chicken, each and every time. ✔️
BUT if you don’t have a minute to spare, not to worry! Follow these directions and we’ll be AY-OKAY!
- Begin with rubbing the chicken breasts with a bit of olive oil, and then season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, or whatever else you may want to add.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, place chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for 8 minutes, or until easy to move and edges are opaque.
- Flip over, cover the pan, lower the heat to medium-low and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a plate; keep covered.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY SPINACH SAUCE
- In the same skillet that you used for the chicken breasts, we are going to add olive oil and sauté our onions with some garlic.
- Pour chicken broth and heavy cream, and let simmer for a couple minutes.
- Add baby spinach; cook until just wilted.
- Melt in some cheese, and return chicken to the skillet to simmer with the sauce for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Rich, creamy, and so delicious, you are going to LOVE this easy chicken breasts and spinach recipe!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN BREASTS
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER COOKED CHICKEN BREASTS
- Refrigerate chicken and spinach leftovers in airtight containers.
- Properly stored, cooked chicken breasts will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
MORE CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPES
- Easy Baked Chicken Breasts
- Skillet Chicken Recipe with White Wine Sauce
- Cheesy Chicken Spinach Bake
- Creamy Pesto Chicken
Easy Chicken Breasts Recipe with Creamed Spinach Sauce
FOR THE CHICKEN BREASTS
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
FOR THE CREAMED SPINACH
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Rub the chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with salt, pepper, paprika garlic powder, basil, and rosemary.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for 8 minutes, or until chicken is easy to move and edges are opaque.
- Flip over; cover the pan, and lower heat to medium-low. Continue to cook for 10 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet, cover, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add diced onions and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth and scrape up the pieces stuck at the bottom of the pan. Stir in the heavy cream and let simmer for a couple minutes.
- Add baby spinach; cook for a minute, or until just wilted. Melt in the parmesan cheese.
- Return chicken breasts to the skillet to simmer with the sauce for about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.