Creamy Garlic Herb Chicken Recipe – Pan-seared chicken breasts prepared with a creamy, garlicky herb sauce. Flavorful, quick weeknight dinner prepared in one pan and in 30 minutes!
One pan meals are my jam, as you know. When you add chicken breasts and cream sauce to the equation, we are well on our way to a new favorite recipe.
Simple, but delicious one pan meals are my absolute go-to during the week because the less the cleanup, the sooner the Netflix marathons can begin.
This Creamy Garlic Herb Chicken is packed with flavor, thanks to the garlic and herbs, and with a delicious side dish of, say, Garlicky Steamed Broccoli, you’re getting a full on meal in no time.
Looking for a different side dish?
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY GARLIC HERB CHICKEN
The chicken breasts in the dish are pan seared in a skillet before we make the sauce. This should take no longer than 15-ish minutes.
The creamy sauce in this dish is prepared in the same pan where we cooked the chicken, adding in all the delicious browned bits to the herb sauce. In as far as the herbs, depending on what I have on hand, I’ve previously used a combination of rosemary, or thyme, as well as basil and/or oregano.
This chicken was inspired by one of my popular recipes – Creamy Garlic Basil Chicken. This one is a similar to that one, but prepared with chicken breasts, herbs, and cream cheese.
The more involved part of the recipe is just the stirring around to make the creamy sauce. SO worth it!
MORE CREAMY CHICKEN RECIPES
- One Skillet Creamy Lemon Chicken with Asparagus
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata
- Creamy Pesto Chicken
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE CREAMY GARLIC HERB CHICKEN
Pan-seared chicken breasts prepared with a creamy, garlicky herb sauce. Flavorful, quick weeknight dinner prepared in one pan and in 30 minutes!
- 1 pound (about 4) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese, cut up into cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- freshly shredded parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, undisturbed.
- Flip the chicken breasts and continue to cook for about 6 more minutes, or until thoroughly cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat and melt the butter.
- Stir in garlic and cook for around 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Sprinkle flour over garlic, and continue to stir constantly for 20 seconds.
- Whisk in milk.
- Add cream cheese, and continue to whisk until cream cheese melts.
- Stir in basil, oregano, and thyme; let sauce come to a slow simmer.
- Return chicken to the skillet and continue to cook for 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 7