Creamy Garlic Basil Chicken with Asparagus – This delicious and creamless Creamy Garlic Basil Chicken is prepared in a skillet with a flavorful garlicky basil sauce and asparagus spears.
Creamy Garlic Basil Chicken, we have been waiting for you!
Thank you Gourmet Garden and Kroger for sponsoring this post! All opinions are 100% my own.
Hey ya, friends! How’s this for creamless creamy chicken? RIGHT? It’s creamy, but without the cream! I mean, genius or what? Evaporated milk is my forever bestie.
Also, Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Basil makes a huge appearance in this recipe, as well as Gourmet Garden Garlic Stir-In Paste, and a pinch of Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Parsley. If you couldn’t tell, Gourmet Garden is my other BFF.
GARLIC BASIL CHICKEN THIGHS
The main idea here is that you can always swap out ingredients and still make the most wonderful meal in the world, and a Sunday afternoon stroll through Kroger can help you with that.
It starts with a stop at the produce section to stock up on all things Gourmet Garden + oranges… not sure why I needed oranges, but I got ’em, just in case. Continuing on to the poultry section for some chicken is also a very important step, just as important as picking up a can of evaporated milk, AND a bottle of wine for the awesome dinner we’re about to make.
Let me just touch a bit on the super helpful Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Herbs. Gourmet Garden can be substituted in any recipe where fresh or dried herb or spice is called for in a recipe. 1:1 ratio works perfectly.
What’s more amazing though is that they last for weeks in the fridge after opening, and because they last much longer than fresh herbs, they’re less wasteful and much more convenient.
Besides, anything that’s already chopped up and ready to go at any minute is something we should all have on hand, always. It’s truly a win-win situation.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY GARLIC BASIL CHICKEN WITH ASPARAGUS
- To get started, I’m going to need you to season those boneless chicken thighs with salt and pepper, and with as much Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Basil as you want.
- 17-ish minutes of searing later, you will create the “creamy” sauce made with evaporated milk, Garlic Stir-In Paste and more Lightly Dried Basil for good measure.
- Once you prepare the sauce, please add it to the skillet, heat it up, stir in the asparagus, and arrange the chicken thighs back in the skillet.
- 5 minutes later you will end up with a straight-up amazing winner winner chicken dinner!
Thanks to Kroger, I am also thrilled to offer you the chance to win a $50 Kroger Gift Card and $20 worth of product vouchers so that you can also create your very own healthy meal featuring Gourmet Garden products.
GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNER, RENEE!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE CREAMY GARLIC BASIL CHICKEN
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 skinless , boneless chicken thighs
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Basil
- 1 can (12 ounces) low fat evaporated milk
- 1.5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Stir-In Garlic Paste , or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Basil , or to taste
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1- pound fresh asparagus , cut into 2-inch pieces (break off and discard the woody ends of the asparagus)
- Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Parsley , for garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet.
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, and dried basil.
- Place the chicken thighs in the skillet and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes, or until browned.
- Flip the chicken and cook for about 8 more minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Combine evaporated milk, flour, garlic paste, dried basil, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl; whisk until well combined.
- Add the prepared sauce to the hot skillet and bring to a boil.
- Stir in prepared asparagus, place the chicken back in the pan, and lower heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 4 minutes, or until asparagus is tender and chicken is heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
WW FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 11