Cream Cheese Pork Meatballs: These amazing Pork Meatballs are stuffed with cream cheese, panko crumbs and a good dose of garlic!
Hello, friends! Happy Sunday!!
You guys! The other day I went shopping all by myself. No kids! I was actually allowed to browse through, find my size, TRY ON dresses, and buy all the things just for me. No toys to buy, no screams to listen to, no losing my pants in the middle of the store because one of my babes decided to hang on me, and no cries.
Please don’t get me wrong. I love love loooooove my girls, but it’s just sometimes I wanna try on a dress, and some shoes, and hats and… you know how it goes. I have 15 outfits hanging around in my closet with the tags on because the kids were with me and I couldn’t try ’em on. I just took them off the rack, paid for them, tried them on at home and they sucked! And because I can’t find the time to go back and return all 15 outfits, they’re just sitting in the closet, waiting for me to give them a chance.
Speaking of food…
Hot mid-summer days call for… pork meatballs?!? Why not!
Our second freezer is stocked to the rim with frozen meat. It is bursting at the seams. We’re not big meat eaters, and when we DO buy meat, it ends up chillin’ in that second freezer until finally I think of something to do with it.
I have been craving meatballs since probably around the same time that I prepared you those Pineapple Barbecue Sauce Glazed Meatballs, which are probably one of the best meatballs that I often make.
These meatballs though… goodness… pork meatballs pretty much rock.
In Macedonian cooking, we don’t normally cook with beef. Veal, yes. Beef, not so much. And since the meatballs I grew up on consisted of mostly a pork and veal mixture, or even lamb, I knew these would turn out great. In fact, they are better than great!
So flavorful and juicy, they’re packed with cream cheese, a good dose of garlic, some oregano and panko crumbs to keep it all together.
If your Sunday plans included sitting on the couch or even laying out in the sun, scratch that. Instead, you should… no, instead, you NEED to get into that kitchen and start on them meatbawlz, stat! Trust me, once you get a taste of these, you’ll be happy you listened to me.
- 1- pound ground pork
- 1/2- cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2- cup panko crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pork, cream cheese, egg, panko crumbs, garlic and dried oregano.
- Mix with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add meatballs to skillet and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until meat is browned on all sides.
- Add marinara to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover the skillet; cook for 5 minutes or until meatballs are done.
- Remove meatballs from pan.
- Serve meatballs with pasta.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 4