Crock Pot Asian Meatballs – Tender and juicy meatballs slow cooked in an amazing sweet and tangy pineapple-soy sauce. These are perfect for dinner, game days, or any and all celebrations!
Hey Hi Hello!! Happy October! (WHHAAAAT?!? When did that happen?!?) Temperatures are dropping, days are getting shorter, and I have a pile of leaves in my front yard that I need to pick up, like STAT. This weather makes me lazy tho. All I want is a Pumpkin Spice Latte and a doughnut.
You, too?! GOOD!
Also, friends. Today is a good day, involving meatballs, and pineapple juice, and soy sauce, and sesame seeds. Also known as Asian Meatballs!
Is this not the most perfect Sunday food? These golden brown, tender, juicy meaty bites are one of my all time favorites. Covered in the perfect sauce and sprinkled with sesame seeds, they are by far one of the best meatballs in all the land.
I have to tell you something. I didn’t know what to call these, to be honest. Asian-Inspired Meatballs? Sweet and Sour Meatballs? Pineapple-Soy Meatballs?!? Like, really. What would you have called ’em?
ugh. This is what I call “food blogger problems”, because I’m pretty sure no one else will care.
But ASIAN MEATBALLS it is.
First of all, Y-U-M. Secondly, if you’re tailgating, these are comin’ with ya! If you’re dinner-ing, these are also comin’ with ya. I don’t mean to be bossy, but it’s the only way to get my point across, which is, YOU need to try these meatballs!
They are quick to throw together and packed with flavory flavors. Just some ground meat and garlic and onions + pineapple juice and vinegar and soy sauce.
Does it win your heart over even more if I tell you it takes less than 15 minutes to prep? You’re going to shape those meatballs, throw ’em in the broiler for a minute or 5, whip together the sauce mixture, put it all in the crock pot and walk away! Couple hours later, you’ll be happy to follow the smell back to your crock pot where dinner awaits.
If ya like to add some spice, mix in some crushed red pepper or even sriracha. If you think there’s too much sauce, you don’t have to add all of it to the crock pot. If ya want to use a sweetener instead of sugar, g’ahead. It works, especially if you don’t mind that sweetener after-taste. #truth
Just here, take these and please ENJOY!
Have a great SUNDAY!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 1- pound ground meat (I used beef, but you can also use pork, chicken, or turkey)
- 1/3- cup diced onions
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 egg
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 green onions , sliced diagonally, for garnish
- sesame seeds , for garnish
- Preheat broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, lightly grease with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine ground meat, onions, garlic, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and egg; mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls and place on previously prepared baking sheet.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until meatballs are lightly browned on all sides.
- In a saucepan whisk together pineapple juice, cornstarch, water, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Set over high heat and bring to a boil; lower heat to a simmer and continue to cook until thickened, about 7 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from broiler and transfer to the crock pot.
- Pour prepared sauce over the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2.5 hours, or on HIGH for 1.5 hours.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- If serving as an appetizer, keep meatballs in the crock pot and set the crock pot on "WARM".
WW Smart Points: 12
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy