Brown Sugar-Glazed Turkey Meatballs – These Brown Sugar-Glazed Turkey Meatballs pack a bite-size punch of sweet and spicy, juicy and delicious!
Happy Sunday, Guys! & Girls!
You know the saying, “Ask, and you shall receive”?
Do you know what’s before us? Football Season!!
Saying that I “LOVE” football-food is an understatement. If there wasn’t a “main course” to deal with, MY food-life would be all about appetizers; meatballs, dips, and finger food, to be exact. Calories would be non-existent, and scales, too.
Buuuut, since calories and scales are pretty much here to stay (booooo), I always find a way to work around their stubbornness.
You and I are no strangers to meatballs – Pineapple Barbecue Sauce Glazed Meatballs, Cream Cheese Pork Meatballs, Cashew Chicken Meatballs – clearly, we’re all in this together. BUT today’s meatballs are a bit special.
Made with Butterball’s Turkey Sweet Onion Burgers Meat, these meaty balls are lean and delicious, wholesome and super tasty. Like, finger-snapping good.
I’m especially fond of these beauties because I didn’t have to sacrifice a delicious tasting meatball. Butterball’s Turkey Burgers come in a variety, from Original to Sweet Onion – which is what I used in this recipe – and from Cheddar to All Natural White. Apparently, there’s something for everyone.
Also? There’s Butterball Turkey BACON!! ♥
OH! And Dinner Sausages! And deli meat.
Did I say bacon?? Good.
Since my meatballs always bring all the boys to the yard, instead of just throwing a couple of Turkey Burgers on the grill for our Football Party, I did a little soul searching, which resulted in breaking up that meat and rolling it up with an out of this world seasoning that I make all.the.time.
And, just to clear things up, truth of the matter is; it’s not my meatballs that bring the boys to the yard. It’s my husbands 50 football and soccer channels.
These meatballs are a way to keep THEM occupied while I surf around Facebook.
- 1 package (2 lbs.) Butterball Sweet Onion Turkey Burgers, thawed
- 1/2- cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper , or to taste
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2- cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place a baking/wire rack over a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine thawed turkey burgers, bread crumbs, egg, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic and oregano.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix until well combined and thoroughly incorporated.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and place on previously prepared baking sheet. You may have to do this in two batches, depending on the size of your baking sheet.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In a large, non-stick frying pan, combine brown sugar, white vinegar and rice vinegar.
- Add baked meatballs to the pan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning meatballs once half way through cooking, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from frying pan.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 1