Turkey Corn Chowder – One pot and 30 minutes is all you will need to make this delicious and hearty, quick-cooking chowder, loaded with turkey and corn.
Obvi, I’m already thinking about YOU and your turkey leftovers. You are SO very welcome!
HALLO HALLO! How are you? What are you doing? Having a great Sunday, I hope! I’m skipping Church – the snow is above my knees and my driveway is waiting for its owner to clean it up. Yes, that would be me, but The Breakfast Club is on TV and I ain’t movin’.
So I know we have this thing in like, three, four days… the day where we eat a ton of food and then we end up in a food coma for a week, but the thing is? I can’t stop thinking about the leftovers!
I know you’re busy making lists and running to the grocery store and figuring out just where to store that giant Butterball… and maybe doing things like making an apple pie, a pumpkin pie, and a pecan pie for your family, or maybe just for yourself! – BUT I’m confident that you are also thinking about those turkey leftovers and need all the help you can get.
I mean, maybe you aren’t thinking about that, but we sort of have this mutual relationship of sorts and because of that, I don’t know, I feel like we get each other? You and I. It’s like ESP for food.
NO? It’s just me!? I’m the only one thinking about leftovers?? meh.
Regardless, in due time, I know you will thank me. Like, on Friday. Just watch.
Sidenote: Don’t you hate it/love it when people say irregardless? I cringe. And laugh.
Oh and guess what? I’m such a hypocrite. I generally do not like canned cream style corn. Nope siree bob. But, it makes a lot of sense here, in this corn chowder recipe. It makes sense in the way that I don’t want you to spend too much time in the kitchen on Friday because you’ll be too busy nursing that food hangover, you know? Therefore, to save us all some time, we’re going to reach for the creamy corn.
Also? This Turkey Corn Chowder is basically a dump and cook soup. As in, you just dump it all in the pot and let it go to town for around 30 minutes. Easy, right? Told you! A thick and hearty chowder that comes together in a matter of minutes? HECK YEAH!
One other awesome factor? You don’t have to make it with just turkey! You can also use some leftover chicken, baked ham, shrimp! Whatever floats that soup boat.
Uh, yeah. Do it.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 1 large carrot , thinly sliced
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups diced or shredded cooked turkey
- 3 russet potatoes , peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 can (14.75-ounces) cream style sweet corn
- 1 can (15.25-ounces) sweet corn, rinsed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups 2% milk
- chopped fresh parsley , for garnish
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, sliced carrots, and pinch of salt; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the turkey and potatoes; season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add cream style corn, sweet corn, chicken broth and milk; bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cover the pot; simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand several minutes.
- Give it a stir and taste for seasonings; adjust accordingly.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
WW SmartPoints: 8
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy