Leftover Turkey Frittata – This simple Leftover Turkey Frittata with spinach and mozzarella is easy to make, naturally gluten-free, and bursting with flavor! It’s the perfect recipe for some of those Thanksgiving leftovers.
Ladies and Gents, I am dealing with a food hangover.
You know how I told you I lost 30 pounds since giving birth to Aleksandra 6 months ago? I think it all came back last night. I ate like a cow. At one point I took a two-hour break from eating, then I went back at it again; a full plate for the second time.
I am too scared to get on that scale today. That’s why I’m not going anywhere near it until after January. The Holidays are upon us and I don’t have any available days left for diets in my calendar.
Tonight we are going to have this lighter-on-the-belly Leftover-Turkey Frittata for dinner. It’s packed with leftover turkey and I added fresh spinach to it… it’s the only healthy thing in my fridge. This frittata goes really good with a nice dollop of sour cream or some plain thick yogurt. Also, please don’t add too much salt to this. Your turkey was salted enough, I am sure, thus adding more salt to the eggs might result in a very salty experience.
I’m also thinking about pouring some of that delicious cranberry maple syrup over vanilla ice cream for dessert… Yeah, I think I’ll do that for sure. I’ll try to limit myself to a scoop.
Leftover-Turkey Frittata with Spinach and Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup diced leftover cooked turkey breast
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- sour cream or thick yogurt , optional
- Preheat oven to broil setting.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together eggs, shredded mozzarella, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch non-stick, oven safe pan over medium high heat.
- Add butter to pan and melt.
- Add spinach and cook for 1 minute; add in the turkey and garlic.
- Cook for 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place pan into oven and broil for 4 minutes, until browned and fluffy.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
WW SmartPoints: 3