These Leftover Turkey Salad Sandwiches are a post-Thanksgiving CLASSIC! Make these delicious turkey salad sandwiches with leftover Thanksgiving turkey, dried cranberries, and celery.
THE BEST LEFTOVER TURKEY SANDWICHES
Creamy and crunchy Turkey Salad makes for amazing sandwiches to go with your favorite bread, croissants, or buns! Add a cup of soup to the mix and you can look forward to an awesome lunch or light dinner.
I have told you many-a-times that I love Thanksgiving, but I appreciate this Holiday that much more because of the LEFTOVERS. I mean, that’s lunch and dinner for DAYS and I ain’t mad about it. 💕
HOW TO MAKE TURKEY SALAD
- Start with cutting cooked turkey meat into cubes, or you can shred it.
- Dice couple stalks of celery and transfer to a mixing bowl together with the chopped turkey.
- Add cranberries to the bowl and stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, parsley, sugar, and lemon juice; stir until everything is completely incorporated.
- Taste and adjust accordingly. Depending on individual taste, you might want to add more mayonnaise to make it creamier.
- Serve over buns or rolls. As a low carb option, leave out the bread and serve this turkey salad on lettuce leaves or over some fresh spring greens.
Also, you can always add in other things to the salad; diced hard boiled eggs would be good, chopped pecans, grapes, and so on.
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s going to be very important for the days after Thanksgiving because, 4 words: Black Friday & Cyber Monday. 👊
And, if you happen to be the ONE family that might not have Thanksgiving leftovers, (WHAT?!) that’s not a problem; you can always use cooked (like, rotisserie) chicken instead of turkey.
CAN YOU FREEZE TURKEY SALAD?
Yes, you absolutely can freeze turkey salad, but keep in mind that texture will change, and once thawed, the salad will be a bit watery. Drain that excess liquid, stir, and see if you might need to add more mayo or sour cream.
- To freeze, store prepared turkey salad in an airtight container or a freezer bag. Keep frozen for up to 2 months.
- You can also store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
MORE SALAD RECIPES
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Turkey Salad Sandwiches
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, EXCEPT pepper and salt, in a large mixing bowl; stir until completely incorporated.
- Add a crack of fresh ground pepper; taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- To store, keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 9
- Reduce points down to 6 by using Fat Free Mayonnaise.
- If you like a creamier consistency, add more mayonnaise or sour cream.
- For low carb option, use less cranberries and serve salad over lettuce wraps or a green salad.
- diced hard boiled eggs
- red onions