Churro Cream Cheese Fruit Dip is a creamy fruit dip loaded with that amazing cinnamon-sugar churros flavor that will satisfy your cheesecake cravings!
Churro Cream Cheese Fruit Dip Recipe
Skinny Churro Cream Cheese Fruit Dip is the cheesecake dip you didn’t think you needed! It’s decadent and delicious, and with only 5 ingredients, this fruit dip will have everyone begging for your recipe! Recently, I had a sudden craving for my Cream Cheese Fruit Dip, but I also wanted something a bit different. Thus, I took some inspiration from that dip, changed up a few ingredients, and voila, this Churro Cream Cheese Fruit Dip was born.
Typical cream cheese fruit dip involves cream cheese, cool whip or marshmallow cream, and a lot of sugary and fatty and amazing ingredients that we probably shouldn’t touch… The better news is that, with this recipe, we can still have our cheesecake fruit dip AND eat it, TOO. Only somewhat “skinnified”. This churro dip is perfect for any party, especially something like a Cinco de Mayo party! Honestly, I’ll make a party happen just to have this bowl front and center. It takes only minutes to whip together, and I have yet to find someone that doesn’t LOVE it.
Why You’ll Love This Churro Cream Cheese Fruit Dip Recipe
- Five Ingredients Wonder: With just five simple ingredients, you’ll be equipped to whip up a fruit dip that will have your friends and family begging for your secret recipe.
- Easy Assembly: Creating this dip is a breeze. With the guidance of a handheld mixer, softened butter and cream cheese come together seamlessly. A dash of sugar, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a splash of vanilla complete the delicious dip.
- Perfect Pairing: Offering the ultimate dipping companions, sliced apples and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips elevate your fruit dip experience.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Churro Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Cream Cheese OR Neufchatel Cheese
- Sweetener, like Splenda, or granulated sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Fruit and Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips for dipping
How To Make Skinny Churro Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
I worked with just the cream cheese, and it was really good, but then I added a tablespoon of butter, and that just made it ALL better. Doesn’t it always?! The butter just adds the perfect thickness and creaminess to the dip. For full instructions, scroll down to the recipe card.
- With a handheld mixer we are going to cream together the softened butter and softened cream cheese. Please keep them both at room temperature for a while so to create the perfect creamy dip without any chunks of butter sitting around.
- You will then add the splenda – I suggest to taste as you go along and see how much Splenda you will want to add. Next, mix in cinnamon, and vanilla, and continue to mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Serve with sliced apples and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips. See my Apple Pie a la Mode recipe for how to make your own cinnamon sugar tortillas. These are, of course, optional, but, like, SO GOOD!
Tips For The Best Churro Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Soften Cream Cheese and Butter: For a smooth and creamy dip, the cream cheese and butter must be softened at room temperature before mixing. This prevents any unwanted chunks.
- Sweetener Adjustment: As you add the sweetener (like Splenda), do so gradually and taste as you go. Everyone’s sweetness preference varies, so adjust to achieve the level of sweetness that you like.
- Balance Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a star ingredient in this dip, but it can quickly become overpowering. Start with a smaller amount and gradually add more to find the perfect balance.
- Splurge on Tortilla Chips: If you want an authentic churro experience, consider making your own cinnamon sugar tortilla chips as suggested. They add a nice crunch and sweetness that perfectly complements the dip.
- Keep it Chilled: If you’re not serving the dip immediately, refrigerate it until you’re ready to enjoy. The flavors will meld even more as it chills, enhancing the taste.
- Versatile Dippers: While sliced apples are a classic choice for dipping, don’t be afraid to experiment with a variety of fruits. Strawberries, pear slices, and banana chunks are great options too!
Serving Suggestions For Churros Fruit Dip
- Fruit Platter: Arrange a fruit platter with an assortment of fruits such as sliced apples, strawberries, grapes, pineapple chunks, and banana slices, and place a bowl of the Churro Cream Cheese Fruit Dip at the center for dipping.
- Brunch Spread: Include the dip as part of a brunch spread alongside other breakfast treats. Offer sliced bagels, mini pastries, and yogurt parfaits for a rich brunch experience.
- Dessert Topping: Kick up your dessert game by using the Churro Cream Cheese Fruit Dip as a topping. Add it over pancakes, waffles, or even a warm slice of pound cake for an awesome finish.
More Appetizer Dips
- Southwestern Avocado Dip
- Lasagna Dip
- Bread Ring Cheese Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Spinach And Artichoke Dip Parmesan Cups
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
Churro Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, or neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 packets (or to taste) your choice of sweetener, like Stevia, or use about 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- fruit slices, for dipping
- cinnamon sugar tortilla chips, for dipping, optional
- In your mixer's bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Add your choice of sweetener and continue to mix. Add cinnamon, vanilla, and salt; beat until thoroughly incorporated. Taste for sweetness and adjust accordingly.
- Transfer the prepared cream cheese fruit dip to a serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Serve with fruit slices and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips.
- Refrigerate: Keep the dip refrigerated until ready to use.
- Soften the Cream Cheese and Butter: For a smooth and creamy dip, ensure that both the cream cheese and butter are properly softened at room temperature before mixing.
- Sweetener Adjustment: As you add the sweetener, do so gradually and taste as you go. Everyone’s sweetness preference varies, so adjust to achieve the level of sweetness that suits your taste.
- Customize the Dip: Feel free to customize the dip according to your preferences. If you prefer a different sweetener or want to experiment with additional spices, go ahead and make it your own.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.