Skinny Churro Cream Cheese Fruit Dip – Lightened-up creamy fruit dip loaded with that amazing cinnamon sugar churros flavor that is sure to satisfy your cheesecake cravings!
Skinny Churro Cream Cheese Fruit Dip is the cheesecake dip you didn’t think you needed! It’s decadent, delicious, and with only 5 ingredients, this fruit dip will have everyone begging for your recipe!
Recently, I had a sudden craving for my Cream Cheese Fruit Dip with brown sugar, and yogurt, and vanilla, but I also wanted something a bit different. Thus, I took some inspiration from that dip, changed UP a few ingredients, and voila: Churro Cream Cheese Fruit Dip was born.
Typical cream cheese fruit dip involves cream cheese along with cool whip, or marshmallow cream, and a whole lot of sugary and fatty and aMAYzing ingredients that we probably shouldn’t touch…
The BETTER news is that we can still have our cheesecake fruit dip AND eat it, TOO. Only, skinnified.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE CHURRO CREAM CHEESE FRUIT DIP
- Light Cream Cheese OR Neufchatel Cheese
- Sweetener, like Splenda
- Fruit and Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips for dipping
HOW TO MAKE SKINNY CHURRO CREAM CHEESE FRUIT DIP
I tried to make this fruit dip with just cream cheese and yogurt, but the yogurt paired with the cinnamon? Uhm… it just didn’t pair well.
I worked with just the cream cheese, and it was really good, but then I added a tablespoon of butter, and that just made it ALL better. Doesn’t it always?! The butter just adds the perfect thickness and creaminess to the dip.
- With a handheld mixer we are going to cream together the softened butter and softened cream cheese. Please keep them both at room temperature for a while so to create the perfect creamy dip without any chunks of butter sitting around.
- You will then add the splenda – I suggest to taste as you go along and see how much Splenda you will want to add. Next, mix in cinnamon, and vanilla, and continue to mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Serve with sliced apples and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips. See my Inside Out Apple Pie a la Mode recipe for how to make your own cinnamon sugar tortillas. These are of course optional, but, like, SO GOOD!
This churro dip is perfect for any parties, especially something like a Cinco de Mayo party! To be honest, I’ll make a party happen just to have this bowl front and center. It takes only minutes to whip together and I have yet to find someone that doesn’t LOVE it.
FIND SAVORY DIPS HERE:
- Southwestern Avocado Dip
- Lasagna Dip
- Warm Feta Cheese Bread Ring Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip Parmesan Cups
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 1 package (8 ounces) low fat cream cheese or neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 4 packets (or to taste) your choice of sweetener (I use Stevia)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- fruit slices for dipping
- cinnamon sugar tortilla chips for dipping, optional
In your mixer's bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and beat until incorporated. Serve with sliced green apples.
Add the sweetener and continue to mix.
Add cinnamon, vanilla, and salt; beat until thoroughly incorporated.
Taste for sweetness and adjust accordingly.
Transfer prepared cream cheese fruit dip to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
Serve with fruit slices and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips.
Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
WW FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 3