Chili Lime Steak Bites – Sirloin Steak Bites tossed in a chili lime sauce and seared to a wonderfully tender perfection. Effortless, 15 minute recipe packed with AMAZING flavors!
Dear friends, if it’s been a whole week of tiring Christmas shopping and take out dinners, consider celebrating this Friday with the most amazing Chili Lime Steak Bites!
Chili Lime Steak Bites are perfect for an easy and quick dinner, but are just as great as a party snack; HELLO New Year’s celebrations! ⬅️ hint
OR, GAME DAY PARTIES! ⬅️ Another hint.
Also! This steak bites recipe is from my friends, Donna and Chad, and their cookbook, The Simple Kitchen: Quick and Easy Recipes Bursting with Flavor.
Donna and Chad are the creative geniuses behind the blog The Slow Roasted Italian, a family friendly blog focused on easy and delicious recipes.
If you are looking for a new cookbook, OR a last-minute Christmas gift, get this cookbook filled with mouth-watering photos and mucho flavorful recipes.
Need more Slow Cooker meals?! You’ll find PLENTY in their cookbook. Looking for One Pot meals? You GOT IT! Soups? Veggies? Sides? Desserts? YEP! You will find all of that in their cookbook filled with tried and true recipes.
HOW TO MAKE CHILI LIME STEAK BITES
This is a very quick recipe that packs plenty of flavors with only a handful of ingredients including; sirloin steak, seasonings, honey, chili paste, and lime.
- First, we are going to toss cubes of sirloin steak in a zesty sauce of chili paste, honey and seasonings.
- Then, we will heat up a cast iron skillet until sizzling hot and cook the steak bites for just a few minutes.
- Lastly, we are going to add fresh lime juice and lime zest to the hot pan; mix it around AND then WE EAT!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH STEAK BITES
- You can serve these steak bites with a side of my Garlic Parmesan Sugar Snap Peas, alongside my Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower with Garlic and Chives.
MORE STEAK RECIPES
For more easy recipes, get your hands on this great cookbook with over 80 family-friendly recipes that are quick and tasty!
The Simple Kitchen is available at Amazon as well as at other booksellers.
Chili Lime Steak Bites
- 1 pound top sirloin steak, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili paste (add more if you like it spicier)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- Cut the steak into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place the steak cubes in a mixing bowl; season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and stir to coat the steak bites.
- Add chili paste and honey to the steak bites; stir until well coated.
- Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Hold your hand 6 inches above the skillet, and when you can feel the heat, add the olive oil and swirl it around.
- Add steak bites to the hot skillet in a single layer. If it doesn't sizzle, the skillet is not hot enough.
- Sear the steak bites for 1 minute - do not move them around.
- Using tongs, flip the steak bites over.
- Continue to sear for a minute longer, or until done.
- Transfer steak bites to a plate; set aside.
- Add the lime zest and lime juice to the hot skillet and stir to combine; pour the lime sauce over the steak bites.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.