Bacon and Olives Deviled Eggs – The most delicious mixture of egg yolks, olives and bacon with sour cream, chives, and a sprinkle of cajun seasoning. YUM!
You guys, it’s time! It’s time for all the Cadbury eggs, colorfully dyed eggs AND deviled eggs. Bring it ON!
But first, how are YOU? Happy Wednesday! This week, so far, has been a week of all-the-things happening; workin’, soccer gamin’, Real Housewives watchin’, kids entertainin’… the whole shebang, I tell you. But, at last I get to come here and have a bit of delicious fun with you. Life is good!
These past few days my cravings have been undeniable. Bacon, olives, and eggs. Go figure. BUT I couldn’t quiet the hunger… the struggle was real. I just had to move forward with it. I hope you don’t mind.
Deviled Eggs remind me of the ’80s. Is that fair to say? I can only associate them with my little self watching my Mom prepping deviled eggs for each.and.every dinner party they ever had.
Notice the glass plate up there? That’s my Mom’s. That’s also the plate she always uses for her deviled eggs. I purposely went over there and borrowed it from her just for these photos. Ain’t the plate purrrrdy? It’s also SO 1984…. if not ’74. 😉
I also remember my Mom throwing on the gobs of Mayo over the egg yolks like it was going out of style. It was 12 egg yolks + a tub of mayo. NO one ever complained.
But, here’s how this is going to go down my friends. WE are not using mayo. Lighter Sour Cream is going to be our smooth and creamy dairy-drug of choice. Crumbled, crispy bacon is going to make up for any flavor lost, and salty black olives will add the needed extra bite.
Warning: Don’t skip the cajun seasoning, please. Surprisingly, it brings everything together.
Now, let’s carry awwwwn. Let’s just boil them eggs and crisp up that bacon. Life is getting better by the minute!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
- 12 hard boiled eggs (I use Simply Recipe's method for all my hard boiled eggs)
- 1/2 cup Low Fat Sour Cream
- 4 slices of bacon , cooked to a desired crisp and crumbled
- 1/4- cup chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- shredded parmesan cheese for garnish , optional
- crumbled bacon for garnish , optional
- Peel cooked eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yolks and place into a mixing bowl; mash with a fork.
- Stir in sour cream, crumbled bacon, olives, chives and Cajun seasoning; stir until well combined.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Let stand on counter 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese and bacon.
WW SmartPoints: 8
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy