Strawberry-Mint Sparkling Limeade – A sparkling mocktail made with the refreshing summer flavors of strawberries, mint, and lime.
Pssssst! I’m keepin’ it clean for the all the kids tomorrow, but YOU can add a bottle of Champagne to this Strawberry-Mint Sparkling Limeade for a crazy-good adult friendly sipper!
Hey Hey Hey! Happy Friday, friends! I bet many of you are off work today – YAY!! Some of you are possibly traveling away for the weekend – LUCKY! But there are those like me, sitting at home, prepping for the backyard shenanigans that are about to take place in 24 hours. YEAH!
I have my Red, White and Blue Tiramisu ready… DO YOU? You should! 😉
I’m possibly a bit more excited than some, but whatever. Food is life. Life is food. AM I hearing high-fives?! HECK YES!
Kebapi and Raznici are also happening. Gotta bring some o’ dat immigrant-food out, too, you know?! 😀
Strawberry-Mint Sparkling Limeade
SO! This draaaank! Strawberry-Mint Sparkling Limeade has been blowing up my entire summer. I’ve been making pitchers of it for the past 4 weekends, pretending that I had to host a bunch of my dear friends. It was all a lie.
It was me, the pitcher, and my husband. The lil’ ones, too. That’s why it’s a mocktail. After 8 pm, it was a cocktail. We all need a nightcap.
This has EVERYTHING-summer right inside of it. It has strawberries. It has mint. It has fresh lime juice. It even has CHAMPAGNE, if you want it to. It’s like summer in a pitcher!
Sidenote part II: Why am I screaming so much today? Overuse of exclamation points! #sorrynotsorry #ilovelife #ilovethisdrank
You know what’s cool about this Limeade? The only thing you’re responsible for is buying the goods. And turning on the blender.
Get it all together and let’s do this! Cling Cling!
HAVE THE HAPPIEST 4TH!!!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for fresh new content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries , halved
- 1/2- cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2- cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1/4- cup honey
- 1 bottle (1 liter) Sparkling Water or Club Soda (For an adult beverage, use a 750ml bottle of Champagne instead of the water)
- fresh mint , for garnish
- lime slices , for garnish
- In a blender, combine strawberries, mint leaves, lime juice and honey; process until blended and smooth. Taste for sweetness and adjust accordingly.
- Transfer mixture to a pitcher.
- Slowly pour the club soda into the pitcher, gently stirring to combine.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with fresh mint leaves and lime slices.
Adapted from Cooking Light