Spa Detox Water – Simple, healthy, and delicious spa detox water recipe prepared with citrus fruits, mint, and cucumbers.
Anyone else in need of a good cleanse after all those cookies and numerous Christmas treats? 🍪 Hallelujah and Amen! 🙌 I completely understand you, friends. I am stuffed and am more than ready to jump all over this Spa Detox Water. 🍊🌿🍊
For real though, if you just need a heavy dose of fruits to cancel out all the cookies you ate yesterday (I wish that’s how it worked…), this detox water recipe is pretty much the only thing you will need to get you through today, and every day.
This Spa Detox Water is something that I tried when I started going to a local spa. Every time I go in, they greet me with this wonderfully fresh fruit water filled with citrus, mint, and cucumbers. The first time I tried it, I only did it because it was SO pretty. How vain. I know. BUT it was gorgeous and I couldn’t say no. I’m glad I didn’t.
Let’s talk about the few ingredients that this water consists of:
- Grapefruit: I eat a grapefruit almost every morning. Thanks to the fruit’s fat-burning properties and its beneficial effect on blood sugar levels, grapefruit is also hydrating and packed with immunity boosting antioxidants.
- Tangerines, or mandarin oranges, are a refreshing citrus fruit packed with nutrients, including flavonoids, vitamin C, vitamin A, folate and potassium.
- Cucumbers flush out toxins, they keep you hydrated, and are great for your skin. To add, cucumbers are packed with vitamin A, C, and K.
- Mint promotes digestion. According to a study at the University of Maryland Medical Center, mint can help keep bloating and other stomach problems at bay while you’re trying to lose weight.
- WATER! The benefits are very many, but to name a few; water increases energy, promotes weight loss, flushes out toxins, keeps constipation at bay, boosts your immune system, etc…
If the above mentioned isn’t enough to make you want to pick up that pitcher and jug it all down right this minute, I don’t know what will! 😳 😉
Adding fresh fruits and herbs adds minerals and vitamins to water and increases its nutritional benefits.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Spa Detox Water Recipe
Spa Detox Water - Simple, healthy, and delicious spa detox water recipe prepared with citrus fruits, mint, and cucumbers.
- 2 whole grapefruits, washed and sliced (you do not need to peel it)
- 2 whole tangerines or oranges, washed and sliced into thin rounds OR peeled and segmented
- 2 whole cucumbers, washed and sliced
- 20 fresh mint leaves, washed
- 8 cups filtered water
Transfer all the prepared fruits, veggies, and mint to a large (80 to 90-ounces) glass pitcher.
Add water to the pitcher.
Cover the mouth of the pitcher with a lid or plastic wrap. You can also cover it with just a paper towel.
Let sit overnight.
Drink an 8 ounce glass in the morning, and try to drink up to 3 glasses of this detox water every day.
WW Smart Points: 0
MORE HEALTHY DRINK RECIPES