Flavorful, soft, homemade pizza topped with tomatoes, zucchini, red onions, and goat cheese.
Hey you! What’s going on? Hope your weekend is going well.
I’m super good. Just wondering why I’m not chillin’ with a slice of this amazing Zucchini Goat Cheese Pizza!
Tell me , do you remember your first job?
I do! It was at a popular pizza chain restaurant. It rhymes with Tizza Nut.
I was so excited about this job. I was going to eat pizza all day and I was going to make money doing it! Could not wait to start. Except, I should have waited to start sometime around NEVER.
When I arrived for my first day, the manager greeted me at the door, welcomed me in, gave me an apron and we headed back to the ovens-area. At this point he started telling me about how they make the pizzas, how many minutes they stay in the oven, how I have to make each pizza the same, bla bla bla bla…
…this is when I realized that I was not going to last here a long time.
In all honesty, I thought I was just going to give customers their pizza, then come lunch time I was going to eat a slice…or five. HA! Come to find out, they make the employees pay for the pizza that they just made! OH… um… what?!
Anyhoo. I grabbed that long pizza stick thingamajig and began to do my job. Moments later I was so sweaty, I could NOT stand myself. Eeeew! I remember it like it was yesterday. It was 1000-degrees in that kitchen. My cheeks were red, my hair was nappy… I just wanted to leave.
Around lunch time the manager came to tell me to go ahead and take my break. THANK GOD! I went to my car, turned it on and off I went. I lasted all of 2 hours at my very first job. 😀
What does this story have to do with this pizza recipe? Well. Maybe if I was making this particular pizza, I would have stuck around longer. NOT!
But, seriously, this pizza is smokin’! Figuratively, of course.
The pizza dough is quite amazing. It’s thick, soft, and tastes a bit like a biscuit. And I personally love the toppings.
Also, it’s totally toddler friendly. My 1-year old inhaled an entire slice. Zucchini and all! I was shocked. It took me 23 years to start eating zucchini.
If your garden is like mine and there is zucchini coming out of its ears, this pizza will help you use up at least two.
And while you are here, you should also go ahead and enter to win a $100 gift card to Target!
Have a great Sunday!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into 4 cubes
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 whole zucchini, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 can (15-ounces) stewed, diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Place flour, baking powder, and salt in food processor and pulse 3 times.
- Add butter and run the food processor until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- If you don't have a food processor, whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a medium-size bowl.
- Rub in butter with your hands until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Gradually add in milk just enough to form a soft dough. You may need to use less or slightly more than a ½-cup.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- Flour your work area and knead the dough for a minute.
- Roll it out and form a 10-inch round.
- Place dough on prepared pan; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic, onion, and zucchini.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a few minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread pizza sauce on dough.
- Add drained diced tomatoes.
- Top with zucchini mixture.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese over zucchini.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until pizza dough is golden brown.
- Cut and serve.
Welcome to the A Night Owl July Sponsor Giveaway!
Today the sponsors and friends of A Night Owl are joining up to bring you an amazing $100 gift card to Target! And we all KNOW you love Target, so what are you waiting for? Enter today via the Rafflecopter form below!
TERMS & CONDITIONS: Giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents ages 18 and over and ends at 11:59pm EST on August 4th, 2013. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. Number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Approximate retail value is $100.00. One winner will be selected. This is a giveaway sponsored as a group buy, which means the bloggers pooled their money together to purchase this product for you. All liabilities and responsibilities with product is directly responsible by Target. Winner will drawn by random.org from all verified entries, contacted by email provided, and announced on this page at the end of the contest. Winner has 48 hours to respond or prize will be redrawn. Entrant is responsible for the email address they provide, whether through typing it directly or through the Facebook entry method. A Night Owl is not responsible for lost or misdirected emails. All prizes will be awarded. No prize substitutions allowed. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook and we hereby release Facebook of any liability. Information is provided to A Night Owl, not to Facebook and your information is never sold or shared. Facebook and Target are not a sponsor of this giveaway. Prize is mailed or emailed directly by Kimberly Sneed of A Night Owl and requires confirmation of delivery. Protected tweets do not count as an entry method for tweeting. Tweets must come from a public account. Bloggers in this group giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.