Yogurt Granola Banana Pops – Frozen bananas dipped in fruit-yogurt and covered in granola.
You guuuuuys. The day that I made these Banana Pops, it was super humid outside and we were all celebrating the warm weather, thinking that it was the last time we’d see that nasty bitter cold for at least 6 months. Well, guess again! I have the heat cranked up, my socks are back on, and there’s a fleece blanket wrapped around me.
On the bright side, soup-season has returned.
So here we are, all up in this cold Thursday day discussing summery treats. But, they don’t have to be summery. I mean, it’s granola and bananas. Sounds more like a Fall-morning thing to me. However, the moment they enter the freezer, they become summery. Uhm, right?
Here’s how this happens.
First, you argue with your husband that the Organic Bananas taste way better than the “other” bananas, and that they are firmer and prettier.
He then says you’re wrong and goes into that whole spiel about companies playing tricks with people’s heads, labeling things as organic when they truly aren’t.
Now, to prove your point, you are well on your way to the store to buy one of each – organic banana on one side, non-organic on the other – and play the taste-test on your hubs.
Now you are back home, staring at your husband’s every bite, wondering which one he will choose as the better banana, NOT knowing which one is which.
Now the time has come and he chooses the organic one without even knowing that it was organic, and YOU WIN!
Now, go on, gather your bananas —-> dip ’em in low-cal fruity yogurt —> cover ’em in granola —> freeze ’em —> ‘n voila!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Yogurt Granola Banana Pops
- 2 bananas
- 4 wooden sticks
- 1 carton (6-ounces) low-cal or fat-free fruit yogurt
- 1/2- cup whole grain granola mix with dried fruit
- Line a large plate or cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Cut bananas in half.
- Insert a wooden stick into the end of each banana piece.
- Dip each banana into the yogurt carton, completely covering each banana.
- Place granola in a shallow dish and roll bananas in granola to coat.
- Place bananas on the previously prepared baking sheet.
- Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes.