Garlic Butter Shrimp and Rice – Garlic Butter lends an amazing flavor to this speedy and incredibly delicious meal with Shrimp and Rice.
Garlic Buttah! Like more PLEASE!
Do you own a Thigh Master? How about a FlowBee? A ShamWow?!? Oh my Gosh, you have a ShamWow, don’t you?!
We had all three. Yeppers, we did. Those 1990s infomercials really struck a chord with my parents. Anything that was “$19.99 AND you get all these attachments for FREE!!!” was delivered to our door.
ASK me just how many times they used those items. I’ll tell you. ONE time.
The FlowBee was just a funny disaster. I mean, come on…cutting your hair with a crazy hose. That’s nuts.
The Thigh Master? Well, I just don’t know. A few months back, I found it in my parent’s garage still in its original box. No one even gave it a go. Money well spent…
Then there’s the ShamWow. According to my mom, she used it two times and she didn’t like it, saying that her Dollar Store sponges were “so much better!”
Moral of the story? Don’t watch TV past your bedtime and don’t be wasteful. That $60+ dollars they wasted could have gone toward a new Nintendo Game Boy or a new pair of Z. Cavaricci’s!
Also? Speaking of not being wasteful… Let’s not throw away the leftover shrimp from the weekend, and let’s use the rest of our Minute Rice from last week to make this, Garlic Butter Shrimp and Rice!
Sometimes you just need an easy dinner. A dinner that will practically make itself while you paint your nails and help your lil’ ones with homework.
This garlic butter shrimp is one of my go-to recipes when I have zero time to think and absolutely no time to prepare. THIS is that. It takes just twenty minutes, if that, and there’s very little clean-up. Besides, garlic and butter. I mean, duh! Thank you beautiful flavors for making me love dang good food.
Make it, and eat it. Take comfort in the fact that we didn’t waste 1/3 of the shrimp that were part of our shrimp cocktail and almost 1/2 of the opened package of Minute Rice.
Sidenote: I am always afraid to leave rice in an opened box, no matter how small that opening is, because I think some bugs will make their way in there, lay their eggs and I’ll swallow them and I’ll die. Or not. But still. Ewwww!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
- 1 cup dry rice (I use Minute Rice)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 bag (12-ounces) extra large, cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1/4- cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- shredded parmesan cheese for garnish , optional
- Prepare rice according to the directions on the box.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring very frequently. Do not burn the garlic.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add prepared rice to the skillet and mix until well combined.
- Add cheese, milk, parsley, salt and pepper; mix and stir for 1 to 2 minutes, or until creamy and heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE: