This simple Lemon Butter Green Beans recipe is a delicious and healthy side dish. Made with steamed fresh green beans tossed in lemon juice, butter, and parmesan cheese.
A SIMPLE GREEN BEANS RECIPE
Is it just me or are vegetables drenched in butter welcomed by everyone and anyone? Let’s discuss.
By the way, HI! Happy day! Hope you’re mid-weekday is going as best as you imagined it. I’m on my way to Nordstrom’s to find some new threads for the weekend, so yes, my day is going just as I wanted it to! *hi-fiving myself*
And these crisp green beans would make my entire day entirely complete!
HOW TO MAKE LEMON BUTTER GREEN BEANS
These gorgeous green beans are all covered in a luscious butter sauce and sprinkled with a bit of parmesan cheese. If you haven’t tried them yet, they’re about to change your view of the world! Okay, too far. But they will certainly change your mind about green beans.
The story about this recipe? Let’s just say that those Amish ladies I met in Cleveland would be SO super proud of me! I loved their green beans, and when I asked her about how they were prepared, all she said was lemon and butter. Coo’, I said. I’ll see if I can replicate it, I said. And I DID!
Things went well, very well, but I still think theirs were just a tad bit more delicious. However, I also think they used a pound of that amazing Amish butter, while I used 4 tablespoons of *grocery brand* Butter. I was tempted to throw in a few garlic cloves, but I was able to resist. After all, it was their recipe I was trying to clone to a T.
This is just a winning savory little side dish right here. It’s simple, and it’s very quick (7.34 minutes?), and it tastes damn good. It’s also adaptable, but don’t change the whole butter and lemon deal. That’d be wild.
Now, here’s some for you, and you, and YOU!
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Lemon Butter Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans , rinsed and ends trimmed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese , for garnish
- Fill a saute pan or a frying pan with about 1/2 inch salted water; bring to a boil.
- Add green beans, cover, and cook until green beans are tender to the bite, about 3 to 5 minutes, depending on how crisp you like your green beans.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the zest and continue to cook for about 1 minute.
- Drain the beans and wash under cold water until completely cooled.
- Put the green beans back in the pan and pour the lemon butter over them; add lemon juice, salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.