This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS, maker of awesome Olive Oils, Vinegars, olives, glazes, capers, anchovies, onions, and the list goes ON and ON!
Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Crock Pot Chicken Thighs with Artichokes and Sun-Dried Tomatoes – Melt-in-your-mouth chicken thighs prepared in the crock pot with artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes.
This is the easiest eeeeeasy-recipe of all! Easy like Sunday mornin’! Throw it all in the crock pot and let it do it’s thang.
How are you, buds? Happy Sunday! Are you noticing the slight shift in afternoon light?! WAAAAAH!! 😭😭😭
How cool was it when things were still bright at 8 pee-em! Having a late dinner in our backyard… bbq-ing all the things, including onions… getting hit in the face with soccer balls… Man, life was swell.
See? Only a week into Fall and I’m complaining.
Shift in thought-process must happen in 3…. 2…. 1….
Pumpkin, Apples, Crock Pot Dinners,
Fall-food makes us ALL feel like WINNERS!!!
GO BULLDOGS! (what? 🙈)
I am soooo out there. I know. Sorry. #notreally
You guyyyyys. These chicken thighs are going to make ya wanna jump. This amazingness will literally melt in your mouth.
There’s so much texture and flavor going on in here, and you can never go wrong with the Cara Mia Grilled Artichokes Hearts. #sogood
Not to mention the sun-dried tomatoes stirred in for some extra excitement.
But let me tell you, this is what’s so great; this is a meal that practically makes itself. This is why I am so in LOVE with my crock pot. Or is it a slow cooker? What do YOU call it?!
Anywayz. All we’re doing here is pouring a jar of STAR’s Cara Mia Grilled Artichokes Hearts into the crock pot, layering a bag of julienned sun-dried tomatoes on top of that (not the bag, just what’s inside it. ahem), and a few seasoned boneless chicken thighs to make it all happen. It’s marvelous. ⬅ who uses that word? apparently, I do!
Hear me out, though. You’ll never be the same if you don’t try this easy, luscious, dreamy din din. It’s like your side dish and your main course all in one. Just get some really awesome bread to sop up the wonderful sauce that comes with it. Theeee End.
Cara Mia Grilled Artichoke Hearts are available at select Walmart, Schnucks, Stater Bros., Bashas, Shop ‘n Save and Randalls Stores in the canned vegetable aisle or produce section AND ONLINE!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- Serves: Serves 4 to 6
- Serving size: 1 Chicken Thigh + ½ cup Artichokes/Tomatoes Mixture
- Calories: 395
- Fat: 31
- Saturated fat: 5.1
- Carbohydrates: 8.7
- Sodium: 690
- Fiber: 4.3
- Protein: 15.2
- Cholesterol: 93 mg
- 4 to 6 boneless chicken thighs
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 jar (14.75-ounces) Cara Mia Grilled Artichoke Hearts, drained, ⅓-cup liquid reserved
- 1 bag (3.5-ounces) Julienne Cut Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓-cup artichoke hearts liquid
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Spray 5 to 6-quart crock pot/slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and dried oregano; add to slow cooker in one layer.
- Add artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes over the chicken; sprinkle with garlic.
- Take a ⅓-cup of the liquid from the jar with the artichoke hearts and pour it over the top.
- Cover; cook on HIGH for 4 to 4-1/2 hours, or on LOW for about 6 hours.
- Transfer to serving plates.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.