This post is sponsored by Cara Mia Products! All opinions are always 100% my own.
Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
This easy Artichoke Chicken Recipe makes an incredibly delicious meal with baked chicken pieces and marinated artichoke hearts!
I’m happy to share that I can still come up with different dishes using my two faves together, chicken and artichokes!
HELLO! Happy Sunday to you! Hope you’re enjoying it to the fullest with your feet propped up on the couch, remote in one hand and a fat bowl of Cheetos in the other. If I had to imagine it, that would be MY Sunday’s best, but only after adding THIS recipe to our Sunday supper.
Because you are absolutely one of my favorite people, I made you this Artichoke Chicken and I couldn’t wait to share it. Talk about an easy, super flavorful dish that you absolutely needed in your life, but didn’t know it. That said, run to get the ingredients. I’ll wait!
No really, you need to get these Cara Mia Marinated Artichoke Hearts. I know, I tell you that all the time, but they’re so, so, soooo tasty. Sometimes I don’t even use the whole jar in a recipe because half of them end up in my mouth… To add, their jars have gone from white to pink for Cancer Awareness Month. As a proud partner of Susan G. Komen® and its mission to end breast cancer forever, Borges USA will donate $60,000 to Susan G. Komen®!
They also launched a Facebook Contest that YOU can enter to WIN a Pink KitchenAid “Cook for the Cure” 5-Quart Artisan Stand Mixer along with a variety of specially labeled STAR and Cara Mia products! CLICK ON THE PHOTO BELOW TO ENTER!
CLICK ON THE ABOVE PHOTO TO ENTER
This is soooo ridiculously simple. Deliciously simple. Like one of those dishes that is so easy and has so few ingredients but tastes SO DANG GOOD. It reminds me of this Baked Chicken with Spinach and Artichokes, which happens to be a favorite of mine.
I’m the kind of person who gets on a food kick and doesn’t stop. I will try to find 856 ways to include whatever foods I’m into at the moment in every recipe. Case in point: as of this week, it’s been squash-in-everything. Case in point #2: One Pot Chicken and Rice with Artichokes. This is very close to that, but minus the rice and plus the artichoke marinade. Result? Juicy baked perfection with A LOT of flavor. A lot a lot.
Totally foolproof and much simpler.
Your kitchen sesh with this artichoke chicken recipe will include a quick browning of those beautifully seasoned chicken pieces – I chose chicken drumsticks – and a transfer to a baking dish where our chicken will meet up with some onions and those artichoke hearts. In the meantime, we will use the artichoke marinade to mix it together with some garlic and brown mustard before pouring it over our gorgeous dinner.
45 minutes later, you will have the pleasure of biting into this amazingness for your evening meal. Theeee end. ☺
Cara Mia Marinated Artichokes are available at select Walmart, Safeway, Albertsons, Kroger, DeMoulas, Raley’s, Save Mart, Smart & Final, King Soopers, Schnucks, Ralphs, Sprouts, Bashas and Dekalb Farmers Market stores and ONLINE. Look for them in the canned vegetable aisle or produce section.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
This easy Artichoke Chicken Recipe makes an incredibly delicious meal with baked chicken pieces & marinated artichoke hearts!
- 2 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 pounds chicken drumsticks
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 jar (14.75 ounces) Cara Mia Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- 1 large yellow onion , cut into thicker slices
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and dried oregano.
- Add chicken pieces to skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Transfer chicken to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Add onions to the chicken.
- Remove artichoke hearts from marinade; DO NOT discard marinade.
- Arrange artichoke hearts over chicken and set aside.
- Add brown mustard and minced garlic to the marinade; whisk until completely incorporated.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 165F.
- Remove from oven and serve.