This easy Artichoke Chicken Recipe makes an incredibly delicious meal with baked chicken pieces and marinated artichoke hearts!
Artichoke Chicken Bake
I’m happy to share that I can still come up with different dishes using my two faves, chicken and artichokes!
Because you are one of my favorite people, I made you this Artichoke Chicken, and I couldn’t wait to share it. Talk about an easy, super flavorful dish that you absolutely needed in your life but didn’t know it.
This delightful Artichoke Chicken bake is easy to prepare and boasts a unique blend of delicious chicken pieces with the tangy zing of marinated artichoke hearts. A warm and robust dish that is quick to make and will always impress! A chicken dinner that is as comforting as it is flavorful, it’s perfect for a family dinner or a gathering with friends. And guess what? You’ll find yourself reaching for this recipe often. Rated 5 out of 5 by satisfied cooks and eaters, this recipe will be used by you in rotation.
Ingredients For Chicken and Artichoke Bake
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Drumsticks
- Jar of Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Brown Mustard
- Onions and Garlic
- Dried Herbs and Seasonings
How To Make This Artichoke Chicken Recipe
This is SO ridiculously simple. Deliciously simple. Like one of those dishes that is so easy and has so few ingredients but tastes so dang good. It reminds me of this Baked Chicken with Spinach and Artichokes, which happens to be a favorite of mine.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and oregano and brown them in the skillet.
- Transfer the chicken to a 9×13 baking dish and add some onions.
- Remove artichokes from the marinade and arrange over the chicken. Keep the marinade.
- Whisk mustard and garlic into the marinade and pour over the chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Browning the chicken before baking locks in the juices, giving you a moist and tender dish.
- Do not discard the marinade from the artichokes – it doubles as a brilliant base for the sauce.
- For deeper flavor, consider marinating the chicken in the artichoke marinade for a few hours or overnight in the fridge before cooking.
- Feel free to add other dried herbs like thyme or rosemary for added depth of flavor.
- Apart from onions, other vegetables such as bell peppers or cherry tomatoes can also be added for a more colorful and nutritious dish.
- To ensure the chicken is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of cooked chicken should register at least 165°F.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely, you can substitute the drumsticks with chicken thighs or breast. Just be sure to adjust the cooking times accordingly.
Definitely. This dish can be prepared ahead of time, covered, and refrigerated. When you’re ready to serve, bake it in the preheated oven.
- Serve this Artichoke Chicken bake with fluffy couscous or freshly steamed broccoli for a well-rounded meal. A glass of crisp white wine can also complement the flavors in the best way possible.
The heart of this dish lies in its simplicity and the blend of flavors it brings. Give this Artichoke Chicken bake a try, and savor the delightful change of pace it adds to your dinner rotation! And then let me know about it in the comments.
More Chicken Artichoke Dinners To Try
- Crock Pot Chicken Thighs with Artichokes and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Chicken and Rice with Artichokes
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Breasts
Artichoke Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pounds chicken drumsticks
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 14.75 ounces jar of marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into thicker slices
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and dried oregano.
- Add chicken pieces to the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Transfer the chicken to a 9×13 baking dish.
- Scatter the onion slices all over the chicken
- Remove artichoke hearts from the marinade; do not discard the marinade.
- Arrange artichoke hearts over the chicken and set aside.
- Add brown mustard and minced garlic to the marinade; whisk until completely incorporated.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 165˚F.
- Remove from oven and let stand several minutes before serving.
- Chicken Selection: Use any cut of chicken, but adjust cooking times accordingly. Chicken breasts cook quicker than, say, drumsticks or bone-in chicken thighs.
- Marinate: For more flavor, marinate the chicken in the artichoke marinade for a few hours or overnight.
- Herbs: Additional dried herbs like thyme or rosemary enhance the flavor.
- Veggies: Add chopped bell peppers or cherry tomatoes.
- Doneness: Use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked through.
- Rest: For juicier chicken, allow the dish to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Storage: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days and reheat as needed.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.