Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce Chicken: Quick, easy and delicious pan-seared chicken with sun dried tomatoes and a flavorful sauce.
Happy Sunday, pal! Hope you’re having a wonderful summer-weekend!
For me, if it involves outdoor dining with my beautiful best friends and a couple of wine glasses, it means I had a fantastic weekend!
Also? My kids spent the night at my mom’s! AND! I got to sleep in!! And and! I ate ice cream for breakfast!
Don’t be jelly… it only happens like thrice a year. But I’ll take it!
Soooo. Look at that. My chicken-craze continues…
Are you totally sick and tired of seeing chicken-posts?? #sorrynotsorry. No, really, I’m not even a little bit sorry because this Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce Chicken is about to become the best thing you’ve ever had!
Weeeeell, that’s until the next time that I post a recipe and then THAT ONE will be the best thing you’ve ever had.
We gotta talk about this creamy sun-dried tomato sauce chicken. Omg. I didn’t really know where I was going with this or what was going to unfold, but all I knew at that first-bite-moment was that I need to write a cookbook and call it “50 Shades of Chicken”. 😉
It all started on a one unassuming, sunny, summery afternoon… it was last week.
I went to clean the pantry and much to my surprise, I found not one but TWO bags filled with sun dried tomatoes. I was surprised because we don’t buy them that often, but when we do, I use them up as soon as possible. They’re so good! Not sure how I let these slide by…
I should also tell you that during my pantry clean-up, I found a barbie doll in there and a furry toy that totally scared the bejesus out of me because I thought it was a rat. EWWWW!!!
SO THEN, right after my “ew-that’s-gross-feeling” went away, it was clear. I knew what I had to do. Nothing was going to change my mind.
It was time to take out the silver pan and cook-up some chicken breasts.
So some breasts were “seared”, then some sauce was made, and scoops of sun dried tomatoes brought the whole thing together. Theeeee End.
Pan-Seared Chicken Breasts with Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (16 ounces) chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 large yellow onion , sliced
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil
- In a large nonstick skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken breasts to hot oil and cook 4 minutes; flip and continue to cook for 4 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add onions, garlic and thyme leaves to skillet; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in flour; mix until combined.
- Add broth and sun dried tomatoes.
- Return chicken to skillet; bring mixture to a boil.
- Turn heat down to a simmer; cover the skillet and continue to cook for 15 to 18 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Remove from heat.