Warm and delicious one-dish breakfast bake with eggs, bacon, sausage and tomatoes.
I just stress-ate a bag of chocolate covered raisins. Again. I’m ready to move onto the bag of Doritos.
I know I should just reach over for the big, green apples that are right in front of me, but that’s not going to help out the stress-factor.
I am slowly discovering some things about myself that I did not know. For instance, I had no idea that one negative comment on my blog would make me want to close this laptop for an entire week… I usually don’t take these things personally, and I know that not everyone is going to like all my recipes, but it still got to me.
I also didn’t think that Martha Stewart would piss me off one day on a personal level, but she did. Sure, she’s a beast. She’s also a convicted felon, but I just didn’t think she would get to me. I knew there was a reason why I felt that I needed to turn down the invite to Martha’s Circle a while back.
At least The Voice is back on and I can finally say things like, “His pitch was great!” or “Wow, that range is amazing!!” or “She didn’t hit that high note!”.
I can really get into that show… I’m all judgy-mcjudgy, tellin’ everyone they can or can’t sing. I also get crazy-happy when the judge’s criticism is the same as mine!
Oh, wait. We are here to talk about Eggs. And Bacon. And Breakfast. Sorry guys… got a wee-bit distracted there. As I always do. 🙂
Wanna know how long it’s been since you and I shared eggs for breakfast? Monthzzzz. We had that B.L.A.T Omelette Wrap back in June and we haven’t had anything of the likes since then!
This right here is my favorite weekend breakfast recipe. It’s a one-dish meal for 4 (or 2 if you are my husband and I), and it is seriously delish!
I mean, I know it’s just eggs and bacon… And who am I to tell you how to cook eggs and bacon, right? BUT that’s not what I’m doing here. All I am doing is giving you one very easy way to throw it all in at once, bake it, and then eat it. If you start right now, breakfast will be ready in about 30 minutes.
- 1 cup (about half of 14-ounce bag) Lit'l Smokies Sausages (I use Hillshire Farm's Smokies)
- 4 to 6 slices of bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes , halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Arrange sausages and bacon on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until bacon is cooked.
- Remove from oven and move the bacon and sausages around, making 4 empty spaces for the eggs.
- Crack the eggs carefully so to not break the yolk and position in empty spots. I crack mine right over the baking sheet.
- Add and spread out the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Put back in the oven for an additional 5 to 8 minutes, or until the eggs are thoroughly cooked.
- Serve immediately.