Spinach Tortellini Tomato Soup – Hearty, delicious, yet quick and easy tomato soup, packed with spinach and tortellini.
Classic Tomato Soup studded with tender tortellini and spinach, and prepared in just 30 minutes. This soup is a lifesaver during those busy weeknights – quick, easy, and so dang delicious!
Happy Sunday, you guys!
I just had a session with the OWN Network and my Kleenex box.
That Iyanla has a way with words, you know? She made me weep like a little girl!
…I still can’t figure out how a dude can have 34 kids by 17 different women… That man was bizzay!
Also? Is it cool that I’ve got “Total Eclypse of the Heart” playing in the background? Meatloaf’s “Anything For Love” is next. N’Sync’s “Bye Bye Bye” is on there, too.
I found an old CD that I burned back in my college days on my old-as-Noah desktop computer. The monitor was so big, you couldn’t tell if it was a TV or a microwave.
I would blast this particular CD while getting ready. It took me for.evah to get ready because I had to dance to every song.
When I say dance, I mean I had the choreography down to the “T” for every song, thanks to MTV videos. Back then MTV was only about “The Real World” and Music Videos.
All I gotta say is, Thank GOD there was no smart phones back then, and social media was just an infant. There is no evidence! THANK YOU, JESUS!
SPINACH TORTELLINI TOMATO SOUP
But, yeah. TOMATO SOUP! I’m gonna soup-you-out before the season is over. Which is, like, the longest season, evvvvver!?! Why can’t I live where it’s always warm??
…Because my Mom lives here and I need her to help me with the kids… AND help me with eating all the food that comes out of my kitchen… AND I would miss her…
Want to know something? This soup is like eating Tomato Soup with a bunch of amazing stuff in it, like pasta and spinach. If you wanna dip your grilled cheese in there, you should totally do it! It’s delicious!
It’s so lovely and so rich, but sort of light at the same time. I kinda love it. A lot. The best part is that it takes about 30 minutes, from start to finish. That’s the icing on the cake.
So. It’s Sunday. If you have a pumpkin-patch-visit planned, just as I do, don’t worry, you’ll have plenty of time to get to this 30-minute meal. Just pick up a large loaf of crusty bread on your way back home. And cheese.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Spinach Tortellini Tomato Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 2 cans (14.5-ounces each) Italian Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 4 cups tomato/spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 package (12-ounces) frozen tortellini
- 1 bag (10-ounces) fresh baby spinach
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Combine olive oil and butter in a large soup pot; place over medium heat and cook until butter is melted.
- Add onions; cook for 2 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Set heat to medium-high and stir in diced tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
- Add vegetable broth; bring to a boil.
- Add frozen tortellini and spinach.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Continue to cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until tortellini is tender and soup is heated through.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.