This is as good time as any to tell you that I love my skillet.
love! love! love!
You can also make one-pot dinners in it!
I also love comfort food. Um… who doesn’t? But, comfort food ~ in one pot ~ on a weekday!? Now that’s the best thing, yet.
I probably don’t have to tell you how to make lasagna. Maybe I don’t even have to tell you how to make Skillet Vegetable Lasagna… But, guess what? I’m going to tell you how to make lasagna in your skillet. 😛
This lasagna is pure comfort. It’s that go-to dinner that everyone will approve of. It reminds me of those “Husband is on his way home from work and I’m still on Facebook. I need to make something quick and delicious!” days.
Oh puhlease! As if you don’t have those days… sheeeesh! You can lie to yo Mama, you can lie to yo Hubs, but you can’t lie to me. (Ok. Please tell me that I’m not alone on having those days!)
The reality is, when I’m in no mood to cook a 5-course meal (shhhhh…I’m never in a mood to prepare a 5-course meal), I turn to my beloved skillet and make this lasagna. And just like that, the dreaded, “oh my gah…what am I going to make for dinner?!?!”, becomes, “yaaaaay! I can’t wait to make dinner!!!”
You don’t have to believe me, BUT you should – once you get a taste of this meal, you will, on many more occasions, jump for joy when it’s time to make dinner! 😉
Now go and get your hands on some zucchini – we have to make vegetable lasagna! In a skillet!
Skillet Vegetable Lasagna
- 8 sheets lasagna noodles , broken into thirds, cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 large carrot , diced
- 2 small zucchini , diced
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1 can (28-oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cook lasagna noodles for 7 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil and butter.
- Toss in onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in carrots and zucchini, season with salt and pepper; continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes, or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Layer lasagna noodles.
- Top with tomatoes.
- Stir in chopped basil.
- Remove from heat and bake in oven for 10 minutes.