One-Pot Turkey Sausage and Noodles: Quick and easy, one-pot dinner with egg noodles, turkey sausage and fresh vegetables.
Hi, buddy!! Happy Sunday! Hope you’re having a terrific weekend!
We got rained out. All those weekend-fun-plans were erased. WAAAAAAH! No, I really AM crying.
Have you ever been stuck inside for forever-and-a-day with a 2-year old AND a 5-year old?! I’m sorry if you have.
They were pissed! To make it worse, I played NKOTB’s Cover Girl on repeat just to irritate them a bit more. 😀
Also?! THANKS SO MUCH for celebrating my Blogiversary with me the other day! You guys ROCK!!! Many of you left me wonderful comments that I am truly going to cherish for life! I wish I could express in words how much I appreciate you. I can only hope that you KNOW how much I admire you all. (((((HUGS)))))
For a person who almost exclusively wants to eat Chocolate Mousse Cake and Chicken Salad, I’m actually surprised by the amount of noodles that I eat. This has nothing to do with me and everything to do with my husband. And the fact that it only takes a few minutes to cook a pasta-dinner. Actually, that’s the entire truth. 30-minute dinners rule my world. I’m a class act.
On the flip side, my mom never made 30-minute dinners. Oh no. The lady made noodles FROM SCRATCH! Sausages, too. And she grows her own vegetables.
But me?!? Oh, sweet Lord. I complain when I have to go to the grocery store to BUY noodles AND turkey sausages. I’ve also told you on a few occasions that I hop over to her backyard just to raid their vegetable garden.
In any case, at least I still make home cooked meals, every day. Right?! After all, those noodles have to be cooked.
So in thinking about mom’s noodles, sausages, and home grown vegetables, I decided to throw all that together in a pan and make you dinner! ‘Cept, the noodles and sausages are from the store. …shrug…
Inspired by the One-Pot Caprese Pasta Dinner – method, this was a satisfying meal, through and through.
The best part about this recipe is that you can use any fresh veggies that you have on hand, and you can make it a complete veggie dinner by leaving out the sausages. No harm done.
Have a great Sunday!
One-Pot Turkey Sausage and Noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion , thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves , chopped
- 4 banana peppers , sliced into rounds
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 package (13-ounces) Turkey Sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds (I used Turkey Sausage by Butterball)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 8- ounces Egg Noodles
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- crushed red pepper , for garnish
- parsley , for garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add sliced onions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, sausage, and thyme leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper; continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly tender; about 5 minutes.
- Add noodles, broth, and milk.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and continue to cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Garnish with crushed red pepper and fresh parsley.
WW SmartPoints: 14