This One-Pot Turkey Sausage and Noodles recipe is quick and easy. A simple dinner idea made with egg noodles, turkey sausage and fresh vegetables.
AN EASY ONE POT DINNER IDEA
Hi, buddy!! Happy Sunday! Hope you’re having a terrific weekend!
We got rained out. All those weekend-fun-plans were erased. WAAAAAAH! No, I really AM crying.
Have you ever been stuck inside for forever-and-a-day with a 2-year old AND a 5-year old?! I’m sorry if you have.
They were pissed! To make it worse, I played NKOTB’s Cover Girl on repeat just to irritate them a bit more. 😀
Also?! THANKS SO MUCH for celebrating my Blogiversary with me the other day! You guys ROCK!!! Many of you left me wonderful comments that I am truly going to cherish for life! I wish I could express in words how much I appreciate you. I can only hope that you KNOW how much I admire you all. (((((HUGS)))))
For a person who almost exclusively wants to eat Chocolate Mousse Cake and Chicken Salad, I’m actually surprised by the amount of noodles that I eat. This has nothing to do with me and everything to do with my husband. And the fact that it only takes a few minutes to cook a pasta-dinner. Actually, that’s the entire truth. 30-minute dinners rule my world. I’m a class act.
On the flip side, my mom never made 30-minute dinners. Oh no. The lady made noodles FROM SCRATCH! Sausages, too. And she grows her own vegetables.
But me?!? Oh, sweet Lord. I complain when I have to go to the grocery store to BUY noodles AND turkey sausages. I’ve also told you on a few occasions that I hop over to her backyard just to raid their vegetable garden.
In any case, at least I still make home cooked meals, every day. Right?! After all, those noodles have to be cooked.
So in thinking about mom’s noodles, sausages, and home grown vegetables, I decided to throw all that together in a pan and make you dinner! ‘Cept, the noodles and sausages are from the store. …shrug…
Inspired by the One-Pot Caprese Pasta Dinner – method, this was a satisfying meal, through and through.
The best part about this recipe is that you can use any fresh veggies that you have on hand, and you can make it a complete veggie dinner by leaving out the sausages. No harm done.
Have a great Sunday!
One-Pot Turkey Sausage and Noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion , thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves , chopped
- 4 banana peppers , sliced into rounds
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 package (13-ounces) Turkey Sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds (I used Turkey Sausage by Butterball)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 8- ounces Egg Noodles
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- crushed red pepper , for garnish
- parsley , for garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add sliced onions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, sausage, and thyme leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper; continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly tender; about 5 minutes.
- Add noodles, broth, and milk.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and continue to cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Garnish with crushed red pepper and fresh parsley.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.