Healthy Breakfast Fruit Pizza Recipe – Smooth, lightened-up cream cheese frosting and beautiful fresh fruit sit atop of an incredibly delicious and sweet oatmeal crust.
Move over Pepperoni Pizza! Fruit Pizza is where it’s at!
…Okay. THAT is just totally false. I ❤ pepperoni pizza! but this will do. for now.
Hey Hey, pretty friends! Happy Fridaaaaay! Hope you’ve got awesome plans for the coming weekend! I’m too cold to step outside. It’s like -53 out here, in good ol’ Indian-er. Every time I walk out the door, feels like pins come flying at my face. Can.not. WAIT until Monday. Sandy beaches, here I come!
But, you know, in thinking about my upcoming vacay to Punta Cana, I suddenly got a taste for all things fruit. Like, Pina Coladas and Bahama Mamas.
However, I decided to pace myself and look forward to having those while laying out on the beach in a few short days. Meanwhile, I made us this Healthy Breakfast Fruit Pizza and it was the best breakfast of ev-er. Honestly. It hit the spot, yo! It might not be a Pina Colada, but this stuff is pretty awesome!
The whole idea for this recipe actually stems from an oldie – which I shared with you couple years back – this amazing Strawberry Coconut Oatmeal Crunch Pie. I’ve been crushing on it for years and I will never stop.
The first time I made this newer Fruit Pizza version, I took it out of the fridge, tasted a bite and screamed “YAS!!!” inside my head. I was thrilled with the recipe. A little tweak here, some frosting there, variety of fruits on top, and voila! The most perfectly perfect breakfast. It fed the 4 of us, two days in a row for breakfast, but if left alone, I would have smashed it all in one sitting. Because, as you know, when nobody is watching, calories just don’t exist.
BUT you don’t have to worry about that either, because a slice of this is one, filling, and will keep you satisfied up until lunch, and two, it’s delicious!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Healthy Breakfast Fruit Pizza Recipe
FOR THE CRUST
- 1 cup cereal flakes with strawberries and chocolate (e.g. Kellogg's Special K)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened fancy shred coconut
- 3/4- cup honey OR maple syrup
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 package (8 ounces) Neufchatel Cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
FOR THE FRUIT
- Strawberry Slices
- Kiwi Slices
- Banana Slices
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a 9-inch tart pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Place cereal in a ziploc bag, close the bag and crush the cereal with a rolling pin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine crushed cereal, oats, coconut and maple syrup; stir until completely blended.
- Using a buttered spatula, press mixture into previously prepared tart pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let completely cool. I pop it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- IN the meantime, prepare the cream cheese frosting by combining neufchatel cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in your mixer's bowl; beat until completely blended and smooth.
- Spread frosting over cooled crust.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Remove from fridge; arrange sliced fruits over frosting, pressing down slightly, and refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until chilled.
- Remove rim from tart pan.
- Let stand few minutes to make it easier to cut.
- Cut and serve.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE: