Fresh and fruity White Sangria made with white wine, triple sec, fresh orange juice and lemon juice.
I think we need to continue with this Blogiversary Celebration and have a sip (or a pitcher) of this fresh and fruity White Sangria. Is there any better way to celebrate? Right… Nope, there isn’t.
So many of you came by yesterday and made my day. Your congratulatory messages mean the world to me and for that I thank you. I wish I could hug you all. You rock!
Now let’s settle in and pretend that we are done with the laundry, done with dinner, the kids are in bed, and we are all about to enjoy a glass of this White Sangria. Ahhhh… Feels good, dunnit?
Smell the orange scent? You might think it’s just all those oranges in there, but there is also a very healthy dose of Triple Sec. And freshly squeezed orange juice. I also threw in some lemon juice and an entire bottle of wine… We all need a pick me up.
If it seems that you can throw just about anything into this pitcher and call it a Sangria, you would be right! Just don’t forget the wine. Without the wine, it’s a Citrus Spritzer. Which is also pretty amazing.
But, that’s how this White Sangria recipe was born. I started playing around with some citrus fruits and then I proceeded to throw everything-alcohol-related into a big pitcher. Before you know it, I was in the process of making one of the best Sangria recipes, ever. EVER!
I was a bit (read: a lot!) tipsy afterwards! Don’t tell my kids. I tell them that the stuff in those 100+ bottles in the cabinet is poison. They believe it! 😃
Cheers to Diethood!
- 1/2 cup (1 to 2 oranges) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup (3 to 4 lemons) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup sugar (add more if desired)
- 1 bottle (750 ml) dry white wine (Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, etc...)
- 1 bottle (10 oz.) soda water
- 1 orange , sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- In a large pitcher, combine orange juice, lemon juice, triple sec and sugar; stir until well combined.
- Add the bottle of wine and soda water; stir well.
- Garnish with orange slices and lemon slices.