Loaded with Italian sausage, bacon, tender gnocchi, and fresh kale, this creamy Gnocchi Zuppa Toscana Soup is packed with comfort and flavor. If you like Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana, you’re going to LOVE this amazing homemade version even more!
EASY & DELICIOUS OLIVE GARDEN COPYCAT SOUP RECIPE
Another day, another soup recipe, but Gnocchi Zuppa Toscana is one of the tastiest, most comforting soups on Earth! It is safe to say everyone will go back for seconds with this soup.
Also, if your family is anything like mine, you will all argue over who gets to soak up the very last drops of it with a slice of fresh homemade bread. 😍
Gnocchi not your thing?! Go for my Smoked Sausage, Kale and Potato Soup – it’s aaaaah.may.zing!
HOW DO YOU MAKE GNOCCHI ZUPPA TOSCANA SOUP?
Simple and easy to make, Gnocchi Zuppa Toscana comes together in about 30 minutes with only a handful of ingredients.
- We will start with sautéing our onions, bacon, and garlic in a dutch oven or a soup pot.
- Then, we will add in Italian Sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes more. You can use hot or mild sausage.
- In the same pot, you will want to add in some chicken broth and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Next, we are going to add in gnocchi and kale, and continue to cook for few more minutes before stirring in a bit of heavy cream.
- Remove from heat, taste for seasonings and adjust.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve with a sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH ZUPPA TOSCANA
To turn this soup into a well rounded dinner, I suggest serving it with a side of bread and a salad;
- No Knead Skillet Olive Bread
- No-Rise Slow Cooker Basil Pesto Bread
- Apples and Bacon Salad
- Green Bean and Egg Salad with Garlic Parmesan Vinaigrette
HOW TO FREEZE ZUPPA TOSCANA
- Transfer cooked, COMPLETELY COOLED soup to large freezer bags; seal the bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Thaw overnight in the fridge; when ready to eat, reheat soup on the stove over medium heat.
- Soup can also be stored safely in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
MORE SOUP RECIPES
- Creamy Tortellini Soup
- Italian Sausage Soup with Kale and Beans
- Lighter Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Minestrone Soup
If you like Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana, you're going to LOVE this amazing homemade version! A delicious soup recipe with Italian sausage, bacon & gnocchi.
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound Italian Sausage, hot or mild, casings removed
- 6 cups low sodium fat free chicken broth
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound potato gnocchi
- 2 cups packed chopped kale
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven or non-stick soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add in diced bacon and diced onions; cook for 2 minutes, or until onions begin to soften.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Stir in the the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned and no longer pink, about 5 more minutes.
- Add chicken broth, salt and pepper; bring soup to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and stir in gnocchi and kale.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cook for 2 more minutes.
Remove from heat; taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 13