Lighter Loaded Baked Potato Soup – Lightened-up yet just as delicious Loaded Baked Potato Soup featuring bacon and cheese, sans butter and cream!
Bacon bacon bacooooon! I’ve always wanted to say that in my deepest dog-sounding voice possible. (I hope you all know what I’m talking about… if not, ignore my intro, please!)
Friends, TGIF! Raise your hand if you love SOUP! You know I DO. Just check out my category for Soup and you’ll see I never run out of ideas for a warm slurp of creamy tastiness.
Thank you, NatureRaised Farms, for sponsoring this post. The opinions and text are always 100% my own.
Today’s LIGHTER Loaded Baked Potato Soup is brought to you by my friends at NatureRaised Farms and their delicious, no antibiotics, no added hormones or growth promotants Uncured Bacon!
BEST HAM FOR SOUP
If you can recall, I recently picked up a package of their NatureRaised Farms® Uncured Smoked Sliced Ham at Sam’s Club for my Ham and Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich, and when I went back to get more, I loaded up my cart with some of their uncured bacon, as well. It’s all about the Eat Good Clean Fun.
As of late, in between all the Holiday baking, Holiday parties, Holiday shopping, Holiday-all-the-things, I am running out of time for dinner ideas, and have been making a lot of the classics because I don’t have to think too much about it. Every year, though, around this time, soup is always a top request, and serving this Loaded Baked Potato Soup is honestly a huge treat.
How good does this Lighter Loaded Baked Potato Soup look?
Chock full of bacon, this lightened-up spin on loaded baked potato soup is inspired by the wonderful flavors of fully loaded baked potatoes with bacon, Cheddar, sour cream and green onions. Some like to use chives, but I am a fan of green onions and that’s the way it has to be.
And the beauty of the soup is that in these dire in-between Holiday-situations, it just knows what we need. It just knows.
In fact, I think this bacony cheese bomb is actually perfect for Christmas Eve, right after building a snowman, going on a sleigh ride, and throwing a few snowballs at my kids…
Just get up in there and take a slurrrrrrp… We’re all friends here, just slurrrrp awaaaaay!
Because I also want you to get your hands on this wonderful product, I am giving away a $50 Sam’s Club Gift Card!! All you have to do is tell me, What will you make with NatureRaised Farms® Uncured Bacon? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $50 Sam’s Club gift card!
For more information on where you can buy NatureRaised Farms® Uncured Bacon, please go to eatgoodcleanfun.com.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Lighter Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 6 slices NatureRaised Farms Uncured Bacon
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 3 russet potatoes , peeled and diced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 4 cups low sodium , fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese , divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a soup pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add bacon and cook, turning occasionally, to a desired crispness, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove bacon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside. Leave bacon drippings in the pan.
- Add remaining olive oil; stir in onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for an additional minute.
- Stir in potatoes and add chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer half the potatoes to a bowl and mash until almost smooth.
- Return the mashed potatoes to the soup pot.
- Add yogurt, sour cream, and 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Cook and stir until the cheese is melted and the soup is heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and taste for seasonings; adjust accordingly.
- Crumble the previously prepared bacon.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with bacon crumbles, remaining cheese and green onions.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods NatureRaised Farm. The opinions and text are all mine.