Garlic Roasted Asparagus with Bacon and Cheese is made with just a few simple ingredients, PLUS bacon and cheese! This easy and healthy recipe makes for a delicious side dish with any meal!
If this roasted asparagus with cheese and bacon made your day, then you’ll also want to try these Cheesy Grilled Asparagus in Foil Packs and these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus with Balsamic Glaze. So much cheese and bacon!
The Best Roasted Veggie Recipe To Make During Spring
Garlic Roasted Asparagus is a fantastic springtime veggie dish that everyone will absolutely love. Starting with the bacon and cheese. 😀
This recipe was originally published on May 15, 2011, and updated with new photos and content on May 2, 2018.
That title up there was supposed to read GRILLED ASPARAGUS. However, Mother Nature had her own plans (and she never asks if her plans will inconvenience others), thus, I present to you ROASTED Asparagus with Bacon and Cheese.
Just a few days ago it was 94 degrees Fahrenheit; we were in tank tops and shorts, and because it was that warm, my plan was to grill over the weekend. …Yeah right…
It was 45 degrees, raining, and windy. Needless to say, the asparagus didn’t make it out to the grill – but it did make it to the oven.
How To Make Oven Roasted Asparagus
- First, you want to wash the asparagus. Then, trim the asparagus by snapping the stem up at the point where it is most tender.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and add minced garlic.
- Next, you will want to roast the asparagus for about 15 minutes in the hot oven.
- While the asparagus is roasting, prepare the bacon, shredded cheeses, and crumbled feta cheese.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle the cheese over the asparagus and bake for a few more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Add bacon pieces over the roasted cheesy asparagus and serve!
In other news, if I could eat and live on bacon and feta, I would. I use the combo in every situation possible. I think I could even enjoy tofu if these two rock stars were placed over it. That might diminish the whole healthy deal about tofu, but you know, it’s all about compromise.
Until then, I hope you can enjoy this cheesy, bacony, Garlic Roasted Asparagus – it’s so darn delicious!
Isn’t that such a beauty up there?! I love it!
More Easy Asparagus Recipes:
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus with Balsamic Glaze
- Asparagus Phyllo Bundles Recipe
- Asparagus with Lemon Butter Sauce
- Pan Roasted Asparagus Almondine
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Garlic Roasted Asparagus with Bacon and Cheese
- 1 pound Asparagus , washed, dried, and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and add minced garlic, salt, and pepper; mix around to combine.
- Cook the asparagus for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until crisp tender.
- In the meantime, cook the bacon in a skillet to a desired crispness.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate; drain, then crumble. Set aside.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven and sprinkle with cheeses.
- Place asparagus back in the oven and cook for 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle bacon over asparagus.