Asparagus Phyllo Bundles Recipe – An easy and extremely delicious appetizer recipe for Asparagus and Feta Cheese wrapped in phyllo sheets and served with Honey Mustard Dip.
ASPARAGUS PHYLLO BUNDLES
Asparagus Phyllo Bundles is an appetizer worthy of any and every occasion. Such as an, Easter appetizer? Heck yes! Simply roll up asparagus and feta cheese in phyllo sheets and bake. The results are crunchy, buttery, flavor loaded veggie bundles!
Top with freshly cracked black pepper, dip the bundle in my Honey Mustard Sauce and watch all those crunchy bundles disappear in seconds.
This picture sums up my asparagus-season life. I can’t put down the asparagus. You won’t believe just how much I love them little green stalks. In fact, I honestly, truly, deeply LOVE green OVEN ROASTED vegetables. Key words: oven roasted. With a sprinkle of feta cheese. YUM!
So all that to say, this week I am making Asparagus Phyllo Bundles for myself… and all the boys (kids) in the yard.
HOW TO MAKE ASPARAGUS PHYLLO BUNDLES
- First we are going to toss asparagus in boiling water and blanch for a couple minutes. For this recipe, I opted for thinner asparagus stalks, and I advise you to do the same. It’s much easier to work with them and the thinner stalks just look better in an asparagus recipe meant to be served as an appetizer.
- Then, we will brush layers of phyllo sheets with melted butter and add a sprinkle of feta cheese and black pepper on the top phyllo layer.
- We will then cut the phyllo sheets into eight rectangles; that’s three cuts horizontally and one vertical cut right down the center.
- Place prepared asparagus on top of each phyllo rectangle, roll it up, brush with butter, and transfer the bundles to a prepared sheet pan, seam side down.
- Bake for around 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Whip out the Honey Mustard and serve.
Also? It’s so fast and easy. Get all your ingredients out – a little mise en place… I’m getting a bit fancy with my words here – but I promise it won’t take you more than 25-ish minutes, with only 10-ish minutes on hand. Ready! Set! Go!
WANT MORE ASPARAGUS? CHECKIT:
- Roasted Asparagus with Bacon and Feta Cheese
- Balsamic Penne Pasta with Asparagus and Tomatoes
- Cheesy Asparagus Frittata
- Ginger Glazed Salmon with Asparagus and Brussels Sprouts
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Asparagus Phyllo Bundles Recipe
FOR THE ASPARAGUS PHYLLO BUNDLES
- 3 phyllo sheets defrosted
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 bunch (about a pound) asparagus trimmed
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- fresh ground black pepper, plus more for garnish
- dried parsley, for garnish optional
- Click for HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add in the trimmed asparagus and blanch for 1 to 2 minutes, or until bright green.
- Drain into a colander and run under very cold water.
- Pat with paper towels and set aside.
- Remove phyllo from package and place a damp towel over it to keep it from drying out.
- Remove one sheet and lay it out on a work surface.
- Brush with melted butter; place another layer on top and repeat with the butter, until you have 3 layers.
- Brush butter over the top of the last phyllo layer and sprinkle the entire sheet with feta cheese and cracked black pepper.
- Cut the phyllo horizontally into 4 equal strips and then cut down the center so you have 8 rectangles.
- Position about 3 to 4 stalks of asparagus on the bottom edge of a rectangle and roll it up.
- Brush the tips and top of bundles with more butter and place on the prepared sheet pan, seam side down.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and optionally garnish with cracked black pepper and dried parsley.
- Serve while still warm with a side of honey mustard sauce.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.