Delicious and healthy 30-minute skillet chicken with broccoli. Smothered in a homemade, sweet and tangy Catalina Dressing, it’s an easy chicken breast recipe that’s perfect for dinner.
I used our Homemade Catalina Salad Dressing to make this family favorite Catalina Chicken! Using a make-ahead dressing helps keep the prep time for this recipe to only 5 minutes.
You guyyyys! I was so happy to see that a number of you asked for my Catalina Chicken recipe right after I shared my recipe for Catalina Dressing!
I hope that you will love it as much as we do, and that it will become your go-to meal when you need something suuuuuper quick. After all, this recipe comes together in around 30 minutes!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE CATALINA CHICKEN?
As stated, this is a quick chicken breast recipe, perfect for a dinner prepared with very little ingredients.
- Chicken Breasts
- Catalina Dressing
- Soy Sauce
- Cashews are optional, but also fabulous!
HOW DO YOU MAKE CATALINA CHICKEN BREASTS?
- We will start with cooking the chicken breasts in a large nonstick skillet.
- Once chicken is cooked through, we will set it aside, and continue with the broccoli.
- Add broccoli to the same skillet with a little bit of water; cover and steam for 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Not mushy!
- We will then add our chicken back into the skillet, and stir in the catalina dressing, soy sauce, seasonings, and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- To serve, you can either add the chicken and broccoli over a bed of rice, OR serve it as is, with a sprinkle of cashews on top.
- For maximum flavor, don’t forget to spoon the extra dressing/sauce over the cooked chicken and broccoli just before serving.
- Optionally, for a bit more flavor, you can marinade the chicken together with some catalina dressing for about 15 minutes in the fridge, before cooking.
Literally, 25 minutes to cook, and maybe 5 minutes to cut up the broccoli florets. My laziness makes me reach for the broccoli florets bag at the grocery store… #EasyDoesIt
MORE SKILLET CHICKEN RECIPES:
- One Skillet Creamy Lemon Chicken with Asparagus
- Saucy Skillet Chicken with Lemons and Olives
- Caprese Skillet Chicken Recipe
- Spicy, Sweet and Sticky Chicken Thighs
- Garlic Sauce Chicken
- Chicken in Tomato Sauce
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Skillet Catalina Chicken with Broccoli
- 4 (4-ounces each) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 to 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup Homemade Catalina Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons low sodium, lite soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- Combine garlic powder, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl and rub the chicken breasts with the seasonings mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts and minced garlic to the skillet; cook for 7 to 8 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. Stir around occasionally.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add water and broccoli to the skillet; cover and cook for 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Remove cover and stir in Catalina Salad Dressing, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper.
- Add prepared chicken back to the skillet and continue to cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through and bubbling.
- Remove from heat.
- Plate the chicken and broccoli, spoon some sauce over it, sprinkle with cashews and serve.
- Optionally, you can serve this over rice.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.