This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS, maker of awesome Olive Oils, Vinegars, glazes, capers, anchovies, onions, and the list goes ON and ON!
Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Saucy Skillet Chicken with Lemons and Olives – Delicious pan seared chicken thighs prepared with olives, lemons, and red wine.
Hello, dear friends! Happy weekend-ing! It’s a 3-day weekend and this almost-Summer, still-Spring weather is totally teasing us.
It feels like the sun is juuuust about ready to creep out and stay, but only up until the time that the rain decides to pour down. Despite the weather’s indecisions, I am going to pray for bbq-weather because I have these beer & honey bbq chicken skewers on my mind, and they need to happen tomorrow. ON the grill. and NOT on the grill pan.
On the topic of chicken, can I please introduce you to this Skillet Chicken studded with olives and lemons?
Often my cravings tell me more about what I want, than does the home feed on Pinterest… it’s true! I follow those cravings like my kids follow me to every.little.spot that I move to. Office? check! Bathroom? check! Date night? check!
Anywho! My cravings. They led me to this jar of olives and I really just needed to combine them in a bowl with something, anything, just so I wouldn’t eat up all of them.
STAR’s Tomato and Peppers Marinated Olives feel extra indulgent. Zesty flavors infused with fiery peppers give these olives a slightly spicy and delicious twist. They’re always perfect on their own, but also great in salads, and even better in this skillet chicken with olives and lemons.
Here we have chicken thighs rubbed with a delicious garlicky and herb mixture, waiting for its turn to meet with a skillet. In fact, all of our ingredients are going to meet up in just one skillet because that’s the way I like to flow. If you’ve been with me for a little while, you definitely know I have the utmost respect for recipes that come together in ONE pan/pot/skillet.
Lemons, wine and olives are also added to the skillet, at which point it becomes clear that this skillet chicken dinner is going to be extra delish.
It’s lunch. It’s dinner. It’s just stand-over-the-skillet-and-eat-as-much-as-you-want-chicken-dinner.
STAR OLIVE OIL is available at retailers nationwide including Safeway, Kroger, Vons, Albertsons, Food 4 Less, Save Mart, Target, Walmart, Schnucks, Food Lion, Stater Bros., Raley’s, Smart & Final, Bashas, King Soopers, Vallarta, Jewel, Smith’s, Dierbergs, HEB and Ralphs stores and ONLINE.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Saucy Skillet Chicken with Lemons and Olives
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste OR minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 6 pieces skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons STAR Olive Oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine (use your favorite)
- 1 cup low sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup STAR Tomato and Peppers Marinated Olives
- Combine garlic paste, oregano, Italian seasoning, salt and ground pepper in a large bowl; mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the chicken thighs and rub the seasoning into the chicken until evenly coated; set aside. *
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet or pan over medium-heat.
- Remove previously prepared chicken thighs from the bowl and add them to the hot oil.
- Cook chicken for 6 to 8 minutes, or until chicken begins to brown; turn them over and continue to cook for about 5 more minutes, or until browned.
- Remove chicken thighs from skillet and set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan; season with salt and cook for about 3 minutes, or until onions are soft. Stir frequently.
- Lower heat to a medium and add the lemon slices and wine, stirring to loosen any browned bits stuck to the bottom; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, return the thighs to the skillet, and bring to a boil; lower heat to a simmer and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the olives and continue simmering for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 to 7 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed, but not all of it.
- Serve chicken and ladle olives and liquid over the chicken thighs. **