Apple Pie Muffins – These moist, fruity muffins are soft, fluffy, and bursting with beautiful Fall flavors!
These apple pie muffins are so good and usher in the flavor of Fall with fresh apples and cinnamon.
When all you want for breakfast are some darn good muffins, these buttery fruity muffins are ideal! They are also perfect to serve for dessert or a fancy weekend breakfast treat.
Apple Pie Muffins - These moist, fruity muffins are soft, fluffy, and bursting with beautiful Fall flavors!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 large apples , peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1 stick of butter , room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar , packed, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Put the chopped apples in a bowl and toss them with a bit of flour; set aside.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners and spray each liner with a nonstick spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer cream the butter and the sugar; add in 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add in the egg and mix well; stop once to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Slowly pour in the yogurt and mix just until combined.
- Whisk in the flour mixture and fold in the apples.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with the rest of the brown sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the heat down to 400 and bake for an additional 8 to10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins for 10 minutes in the muffin pan then turn them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints: 6