This spicy and satisfying Andouille Sausage with Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts is a nutritious and delicious sheet pan meal that’s full of winter flavors!
AN EASY 30-MINUTE SHEET PAN DINNER IDEA
Aren’t sheet pan dinners awesome? EASY and fun to make, they can be thrown together in a pinch and look so appetizing when done! In this version, smoky bites of spicy andouille sausage are roasted to perfection along with a medley of Brussel sprouts, sweet potato, and onion. SO good!
This is one of the easiest ways to prepare dinner for the household, without doing a whole lot of work AND a whole lot of dishes. This Sausage dinner cooks all at once, on just one baking sheet. The result is a delicious meal that everyone enjoys.
- Andouille Sausage: You’ll need 12 ounces of good andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Fresh Brussels Sprouts: Quarter the Brussels sprouts if they are large, and cut them in half if they are small.
- Sweet Potato: Peel the sweet potato, and cut into ½-inch cubes. Sweet potatoes are more dense than sprouts and sausage, so the pieces need to be smaller.
- Onion: I like to use a large yellow onion, cut into wedges. Feel free to substitute a red or white onion though!
- Olive Oil: For drizzling.
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian Seasoning: You’ll need a teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning blend.
- Dried Thyme and Oregano: One half teaspoon of each.
- Garlic Powder and Onion Powder: These add intensity of flavor in a snap!
WHAT IS ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE?
- Similar to chorizo, andouille sausage is a dry, flavorful, spicy sausage with a heartier texture than other sausages, thanks to the inclusion of chopped smoked pork, rather than using only ground meats. It’s a staple of Cajun and Creole cooking, and it makes a wonderful meal!
HOW TO MAKE ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE WITH SWEET POTATOES AND BRUSSEL SPROUTS
- Prepare the Oven and Pan. Preheat the oven to 400˚F, and spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking oil. I use this rimmed sheet pan.
- Arrange the Sausage and Veggies. Add prepared sausages, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, and onion to the sheet pan.
- Season. Drizzle the sausages and veggies with olive oil. Season all over with the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder; mix and stir until everything is well combined.
- Roast. Bake for 15 minutes, and then stir. Continue to bake for 12 to 15 more minutes, or until the veggies are tender. Remove from the oven and serve.
- Easy Cleanup: Before spraying with oil, try lining your sheet pan with parchment or even foil for a quick and easy cleanup.
- Crisp Up Quick: If you want crispier edges without overcooking the ingredients, try broiling for a minute or two after baking. The broiler is great for a quick shot of high heat to brown and crisp!
- Veggie Substitutes: If Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes aren’t on the menu, feel free to sub out other veggies with similar textures: think cabbage or broccoli for the sprouts, and parsnips or potatoes for the sweet potatoes. It’s up to you!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PAN-ROASTED SAUSAGE AND VEGGIES
- Cider: I like serving this hearty dinner with hard apple cider, or some delicious Cranberry Apple Cider Punch!
- Mashed Cauliflower: My healthy, Creamy Mashed Cauliflower makes a wonderfully filling and indulgent accompaniment to this savory meal, and it really sets off the sausages.
- Ice Cream: How about a cool bowl of Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream to round out the menu? So delicious, you’ll make it again and again!
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT LEFTOVERS
- Refrigerate leftovers in airtight food storage bags or containers, for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 until heated through, stirring several times during cooking.
More Sausage Dinners
- Broccoli, Sausage, Cauliflower Casserole
- Creamy Ziti with Andouille Sausage
- Slow Cooker Cajun Jambalaya
Tools Used in this Recipe
Andouille Sausage with Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
- 12 ounces andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, quartered, (if your brussel sprouts are small, cut them in half)
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking oil.
- Add cut sausages, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, and onion to the sheet pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over the sausages and veggies.
- Season all over with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder; mix and stir until everything is well combined.
- Bake for 15 minutes; stir.
- Continue to bake for 12 to 15 more minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Remove from oven.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.