First off, I would like to wish every Mommy a Happy Mother’s Day! I hope you have the best day ever!!! ♥
I also hope someone makes these Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes for you… Those who do make them will earn a bunch of brownie points for doing so. Buhlieve me! A roasted tomato filled with quinoa, sauteed spinach and topped with cheese… how good does that sound!?!
Quinoa, salads, and rice cakes have been my go to buddies for the past 2 hours. I mean weeks! I have also been extracising like a mad woman in my brand new Albion Fit workout clothing!
That’s my new jacket. It sucks up everything!!
And these are my new Yoga Pants; I will not take them off! Aren’t they gawdgeous?!
When Albion Fit asked me to review their product, I jumped! Literally. I absolutely love the style and fit of their products. Albion Fit makes the most luxurious and most flattering women’s fitness and swimwear.
Speaking of swimwear…
This is the reason for my diet. Gorgeous doesn’t even begin to describe this swimsuit. I want!
Therefore, it is also the reason I have been stuffing my face with these Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes. Wish I had some right now!
Enough about the things I want. How about the things that you want?! Like a Giveaway for a $100.00 Gift Card to the Albion Fit Store!
BUT! Before we get to the giveaway, make sure you save or print this recipe – you will need it, want it, love it! Share it with MOM!
- 8 medium ripe tomatoes
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Slice off ½ inch of the stem end of the tomatoes and hollow out the inside.
- Slice just a small section off of the bottom of the tomatoes so that they will sit flat on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle salt in the hollow portion of each tomato and place hollow side up on a baking sheet.
- Set aside.
- Place water and quinoa in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; lower to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cook until just wilted.
- Mix in the garlic and parsley, cook for a minute longer, and remove from stove.
- Add cooked quinoa to spinach; mix well.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Evenly divide the filling among the tomatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle tops with parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
And now about that wonderful giveaway.
One winner will receive a $100.00 Gift Card to the Albion Fit Store!
Giveaway ends on Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. CST. The winner will be selected randomly and contacted by email. If there is no response after 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Open to US residents only.
Disclosure: Giveaway sponsored by Albion Fit. All opinions expressed are my own.