This Southwestern Orzo Salad is made with sweet corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, and tossed with a simple and delicious Lemon Vinaigrette. It’s really, reeeeeally good! Perfect for summer BBQs, potlucks and picnics!
AN EASY ORZO PASTA SALAD RECIPE
Happy Sunday! What’s going on, friends?
Wanna have a heart to heart? Okay. GOOD!
This week? As far as I’m concerned?? Well, it was ridiculawz! Hope you’re doing better than me! I found comfort in two slices of Chocolate Mousse Cake. Then I balanced it all out with a Banana, Kiwi and Kale Smoothie.
As long as we’re being honest… I didn’t get out of my pajamas today, either. I put on a fancy robe because I needed to at least feel fancy and lady-like, but that was about it. I did nothing. I also spent a day or two on the couch watching Cosby Show reruns!! I enjoyed each and every minute of it.
Were the good ol’ days really THAT good?!
However, things are about to get way better up in hurr!
We’ve got this orzo salad to discuss aaaaand a KitchenAid Stand Mixer!!
As soon as warm weather hits, I’m pretty much preoccupied with corn, black beans, avocados and tomatoes. Ob.sessed.
This salad starts with the aforementioned beautiful foursome. However, normally a ton of quinoa gets mixed in with those beauties, but because this salad needed to feed about 8 people, orzo seemed like the better choice.
If I had to brag about it, I’d say that this salad is the epitome of summer salads. Tossed with a hint of lemon and olive oil, this salad, while light and refreshing, is flavorful and completely necessary.
This Southwestern Orzo Salad is made with sweet corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, and tossed with a simple and delicious Lemon Vinaigrette. It's really, reeeeeally good! Perfect for summer BBQs, potlucks and picnics!
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo
- 1 can (15-oz) sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15-oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 avocados , diced
- 1/4- cup fresh parsley leaves
- grated parmesan cheese , optional
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Cook Orzo according to the directions on the box.
- Remove from heat; drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large salad bowl, combine cooled orzo, sweet corn, black beans, tomatoes, and avocado chunks; set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add as much dressing as you want to the prepared orzo salad. Refrigerate any remaining salad dressing.
- Toss salad, cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and grated parmesan cheese.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 6
Miss in the Kitchen
The Hopeless Housewife
Cravings of a Lunatic
Dessert for Two
Joanne – Eats Well With Others
Eat Your Heart Out
Pineapple and Coconut
Foodie with Family
The Lemon Bowl
The Baker Chick