Garlic Brown Butter Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots are an incredible holiday side dish recipe. This easy recipe is made with brussels sprouts and carrots that are tossed in garlic brown butter and roasted to a delicious perfection!
Looking for a brussel sprout recipe that’s a bit different but just as delicious? Try this recipe for Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Honey Balsamic Glaze or this crowd pleasing Creamy Cheesy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Recipe. They are sure to be a hit a your next family dinner!
A Holiday Side Dish Recipe Everyone Will Love
Aaaaand here we go! All the Holiday side-dish recipes, all the time! Starting with these roasted brussels sprouts and carrots tossed in GARLIC BROWN BUTTER.
Hey pals! How about that extra hour of sleep yesterday?! Did you use it or nah? I sure didn’t. Was up at the crack of dawn scrolling down my Facebook feed and clicking “like” on all the cat videos. That’s what Sundays were made for.
Also? Can we finally just get rid of the time-changing deal? Who wants the moon at 4:30 pm?!? NO.BODY.
And who wants these Garlic Brown Butter Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots for din din? EVERY.BODY.
Which is pretty much the only thing I want to eat between now and March.
How To Make These Roasted Brussels Sprouts And Carrots
This one time… I wanted to faceplant into my Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots. Honestly. I think I make those carrots thrice a month, at the least. But since I have a very deep love for brussels sprouts, too… and garlic and butter… I decided to marry those 4-ish things together in a pan and enjoy it all in one single bite.
This recipe is basic and super simple, and it involves browning some butter, tossing a bunch of garlic in it, and then bathing your veggies with it. About 30 to 35 minutes later, you’ll be able to serve it to yourself and realize just how much you love your vegetables.
They are a tad sweet, a bit savory, of course buttery, garlicky, and crisp-tender. It’s the perfect veg side dish, you’ll see.
Tips For Making These Roasted Vegetables
Important step to remember is to cut up the carrots smaller so that they will cook evenly and at the same time as the brussels sprouts. My sprouts were muuuuch smaller than usual, which is why the carrots look huge, but trust me, they were cut in about 1-inch chunks.
But seriously, you guys, once they are done, they are just so so so good. Now, please take a fork to them and eat ’em up!
Want some honey with those carrots? Well… then… make my Honey Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Garlic Brown Butter Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, or to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spread carrots and brussels sprouts on a baking sheet in one single layer; set aside.
- Add butter and garlic in a large, heavy bottomed nonstick skillet and melt butter over medium heat. Swirl the pan occasionally to be sure the butter is cooking evenly.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until butter is lightly browned, stirring frequently and skimming foam as necessary. DO NOT burn the garlic!
- Remove browned butter from heat and pour over prepared vegetables; season with salt and pepper and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving plate.
- Garnish with parsley.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.