Pumpkin Spice Spritz Cookies: Buttery and delicious spritz cookies flavored with everyone’s Fall-favorite, pumpkin spice! They really are SO! GOOD!
Hey, Friends!! I have something a little special for you today. Actually, it’s A LOT special. It involves KIDS and that ugly “C” word. 🙁
I thought for sure we’d have that word knocked out by now, you know? Cured ‘n all. But nope. Not yet.
My sister’s little Godson, Filip, is battling this horrific disease as we speak and my heart goes out to him and to his entire family.
For these reasons, today I am partnering with OXO for their Bake a Difference Campaign in partnership with COOKIES for Kids’ Cancer. During the entire month of September, OXO will be donating $100.00 for each blog post dedicated to said campaign.
If my Pumpkin Spice Spritz Cookies can make a difference, (fingers crossed that they can!) count me in!
Last year, for the same campaign, I made you Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting, thus in keeping with the pumpkin-theme, I decided to go with my favorite Fall spice and include it in these pretty, Fall Foliage Spritz Cookies.
OXO was also gracious enough to send me a package filled with all the goodies that I needed to make these cookies.
I felt super fancy using the cookie press instead of my good ole plastic bag fitted with whatever tip I could find. What was more surprising was that in the end ALL the cookies were presentable! They ALL looked the same! With my old method, I’d get one cookie the size of my head, another one was missing a limb, a third one had holes in it, yaddi yaddi yadda… But this time? This time I was armed with all the proper tools and the cookies turned out beautifully! Every single one of them.
The recipe for these cookies is very straight forward and foolproof. Like, there’s NO WAY we can mess this one up. For reals. It’s THAT easy. Buttah, eggs, more buttah, some sugar, a bit of spice and voila!
Get your cookie press ready and let’s do this!
Also? Would you like to join me in the Bake a Difference Campaign for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer? PRETTY, PLEASE?
Okay, good! Thank YOU!
So. For every stickered item sold, OXO will donate 25 cents in support of pediatric cancer research as part of its $100,000* pledge to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Look for specially marked OXO products at participating retailers in September.
KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THIS STICKER
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- orange food color (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine butter and sugar in your mixer's bowl; beat with an electric mixer until fluffy and combined, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and the egg; mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and pumpkin spice.
- Add to the butter mixture and, with electric mixer on low, continue to mix until combined.
- Add a few drops of food color and mix just until combined.
- Fill the Cookie Press with cookie batter.
- Press the cookies onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until firm and golden, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 2 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a rack and cool.
- Fill with your favorite frosting or you can use my Maple Frosting - then sandwich two cookies together.
- If you don't have a cookie press, insert a pastry-tip in a pastry bag.
- Fill bag with cookie batter and pipe out onto ungreased baking sheets.
* In 2014, OXO will donate up to $100,000 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer through specially marked baking tools, bake sale matches and other fundraising efforts. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is a recognized 501c(3) public charity duly incorporated under the laws of the state of New Jersey. Your donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. 100% of proceeds raised by Cookies for Kids’ Cancer fund pediatric cancer research.
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy