I have made 1.3 tons of Pumpkin Spice Lattes just this month. I have at least one every day. I try to stop at 5. After the fifth one, I’m all wired! In fact, I’m wired as it is, but when you mix in a gallon of coffee a day, I’m just annoying.
Thus, in an effort to use up some of my pumpkin pie spice in something other than a latte, I made you these Pumpkin Pie Spice Thumbprint Sugar Cookies!
Oh puhleaaaaaase! As if you have anything better to do than to read through another pumpkin pie spice recipe! You do?! Ugh…
But wait! I have a secret.
I don’t like plain sugar cookies. You know, the ones with just sugar. I don’t like ’em. Please keep them for yourself.
Ok, fiiiiine, I’ll have one…
But, I really do like my sugar cookies all dressed up, sweet and spicy! Like my Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies! My faaaaavorite!
I also had 3 bags of the Pumpkin Spice Kisses I needed to get rid of.
Lemme tell you one thing about those lovelies. DON’T even think about melting those into your pumpkin spice latte! Oh.Em.TO.THE.GEE! You will be HOOKED!
Good thing I thought about making an indentation into these cookies and decorating them with a KISS. I am SO glad I did it. You don’t even know. Thank goodness this recipe only makes 12 cookies. Seriously. I’m just plain addicted to these beauties… Man. Cookie season is FUN!
Oooooh! I have an idea! You know what else would be good!?! If you don’t have KISSES, spoon a really good cream cheese icing inside the well of the cookies! EEEEK! That’s just amazing! I was double-fisting; cookie in one hand, frosting in the other… pretty awesome stuff.
By the ways… Get this. The recipe for these cookies is with 5 ingredients TOTAL! YAAAY!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Thumbprint Sugar Cookies
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 tablespoons butter , softened
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine 3 tablespoons sugar and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
- Place butter and the remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer on low speed until smooth and blended, about 1 minute.
- Add flour and continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into 1-inch balls. You should have anywhere between 10 and 12 balls.
- Roll balls in pumpkin pie spice sugar mixture and arrange on prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Using your thumb, press down into the middle of each mound to make a well.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until tops are dry.
- Let cookies stand for 5 minutes.
- Add a Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kiss to each cookie, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Serve immediately.