Peach Blueberry Custard Pie with Streusel Topping: Pie crust filled with fresh peaches and blueberries tossed in a sweet and delicious custard, topped with a buttery streusel topping.
THAT is the longest description of a recipe on the planet of EVER!
Hi, GUYS! What’s up?! Happy Monday! I just filled-up on a few mugs of coffee and am ready to get this party started.
Later tonight, I will be using that same mug as a disguise; I plan to fill it up with a few stiff margaritas. I have to go to my lil’ one’s Kindergarten Open House. EEEEEEK!
She’s my first one to go to school and I have NO IDEA what I’M DOING! All these veteran-moms are asking me tons of questions, like, did you register on RDS, did you pick up some headphones, did you buy her closed-toe shoes, did you… did you… did you?!?!
And I’m all, like, OHMAHGOSH, I just want a happy kid! AND PIE!
Sooo, that’s my story of the week.
Moving on… we have pie!
I found the memory card with the photos of said pie and now I can finally talk about this crazy delicious Peach Blueberry Custard Pie! Wiiiiith streusel topping. BONUS!
Besides, I think we’re obligated to treat ourselves to a proper summer-fruit pie this season. Right?
You knoooow, I like custard-things. Caramel & Coffee-Infused Creme Brulee is probably my favorite dessert. I also looooove REAL ice cream and gelato! The REAL stuff is straight up frozen custard. Try my Vanilla Caramel Gelato. Nothing can top that.
BUT, this Custard PIE? OH MY! This is going to be added somewhere near the top of all-time bests.
This is about to become your breakfast, brunch, and dessert. THAT’S how good it is.
What we’re going to do here is whip out a can of that fat-free sweetened condensed milk (trying to save myself for all the extra calories that come with baking-season). You’re also going to go and find some GEORGIA peaches, because they’re the best (!), aaaand we’re going to need a couple handfuls of those sweet blueberries. Pie crust, too. You can make it, from scratch, or use store-bought. I’m leaving that up to you.
Now, go awn. Treat yo’self.
- 1 (9-inch) Pie Crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 3 to 4 peaches , pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1/3- cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3- cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter , softened
- If using homemade pie crust, preheat oven to 425.
- Place pie crust in a 9-inch pie dish and bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- If using store-bought pie crust, preheat oven to 350. Do Not pre-bake
- Place pie crust in a 9-inch pie dish.
- In a bowl, combine sliced peaches, blueberries, and lemon zest; toss to combine.
- Arrange fruit mixture on the bottom of pie crust.
- In your mixer's bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, and butter; beat until smooth and combined, about 30 seconds.
- Pour custard over fruit-mixture; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, light brown sugar, and chopped pecans; using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle Streusel Topping on top of custard.
- Bake pie for 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack, over night.
- Cut and Serve.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 10