Mango and Shrimp Salad – Refreshing summer salad that combines the delicious flavors of lime, mango, and grilled shrimp.
But, I’m just dropping in for the second time today to let you know that I’m all about that shrimp, ’bout that shrimp, ’bout that shrimp… ERRR! Meghan Trainor is on zee brain.
I’m here to let you know that this mango and shrimp salad is super simple to prepare and you will not be able to keep your fork out of it. That’s all.
AND it’s zesty and filling, packed with fresh summer ingredients making it the ideal warm-weather side dish. M’kay?
With grilled shrimp, chunks of mango, sliced grape tomatoes, chopped red onions and a delicious dose of garlic, the recipe comes together in just 25 minutes. The best part is that all the flavors work so well together that there’s just no need for extra salad dressing. The lime juice and cilantro are perfectly enough.
This was, in a word, FABULOUS.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 ripe mango , peeled and cubed (you can also use frozen mango chunks, thawed)
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 small red onion , chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cups chopped lettuce leaves
In a mixing bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
Add shrimp to grill pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked through.
Remove shrimp from pan and toss with lime juice; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine cubed mangoes, grape tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper and lime juice; toss to combine and let stand 20 minutes.
Layer chopped lettuce leaves on a large serving plate or in a salad bowl; add mango mixture over the lettuce.
Top with grilled shrimp.
Squeeze lime juice over the entire salad and serve.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints: 0