Easy Creamy Broccoli Chicken Alfredo – Easy, deliciously creamy, 30-minute chicken and broccoli recipe, topped with a lightened-up, homemade, rich alfredo sauce.
In case you’re wondering, yes I’m still in love with all things 30-minutes-saucy-chicken.
Hey Hey! Happy Sunday, my internet pals! What’s on the agenda?!
I’m finally just waking up from a 10 hour deeeeep sleep. Myrtle Beach was pretty awesome, but as soon as I got back last night, I was literally crying for sleep. Like, a sleep deprived toddler’s tantrum had nothin’ on me. Like, putting on my pj’s was a task I didn’t want to do. Like, it was that bad. I think you understand.
So, now, I’m back from my getaway (⬅click to see all the fun on my Instagram!) with a chicken recipe on this fine Sunday. I hope you’re not shocked. I mean, chicken and 30 minutes on MY blog?! Yeah. No shock. Happens all.the.time. I’m so predictable. And speaking of predictable, how the heck is it March already. WHAT. ???
Let’s just not get into the whole how-time-flies-thingamajig, and let me tell you about this chicken alfredo deal.
It was right in the middle of a hangry ME episode, and once I realized that this chicken alfredo recipe has been done and redone thousands of times, and if you’re on Pinterest, you’ve already DONE IT!?… I went ahead, took a gazillion pictures of it and literally couldn’t wait to share it with those that might not have tried it already. I’m thoughtful like that.
The two of us, the hubby and me, had this entire meal to ourselves and oh my word – it was insane. You know how when you make something over and over again, and it just gets better with each time that you make it? Yeah, this was it. Pretty incredible.
In here, though, you get your greens, your protein, and your calcium all in one. Garlic, too, a bit of lemon squeeze as well, and voila. Quickest dinner. If you want to add a side of pasta, that’s cool, too. I try to keep carbs at a minimum, but you can g’ahead and do what your heart desires.
BUT!!! Without all of that, this meal is just under 300 calories per serving. so yeah… if you keep the pasta out, it’s still pretty amazing stuff. Trust.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (about 16 ounces) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 thinly sliced lemon slices
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2- cup low sodium organic chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons 1/3 less fat cream cheese or neufchatel cheese
- 1/4- cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and continue to cook over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, turning chicken halfway through.
- Add broccoli, lemon juice and lemon slices; cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, just until fragrant. Do not burn the garlic.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and add the broth, cream cheese, and parmesan; cook and stir for about 3 minutes, or until the cheeses have melted and sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to plates.
- Add Alfredo sauce over chicken.
*If you would like more sauce, just add a little bit more broth and cheese.
WW SmartPoints: 7