This recipe for easy Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce is absolutely delicious and the perfect appetizer dip for your holiday party! A warm, savory and gooey baked brie recipe with tart and sweet cranberries is the best way to use up Thanksgiving and Christmas leftovers. You won’t find a better festive appetizer idea than this!
The Ultimate Holiday Appetizer Dip
Gather ‘round, friends! It’s the time of year for sharing. And today I want to share with you what may be my best holiday appetizer recipe yet.
When the dust settles after a holiday dinner, leftovers become my life for the next week or so. I love to get creative with leftover turkey and leftover mashed potatoes. But it was leftover cranberry sauce that led me to this super easy, extra delicious recipe for Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce. Warm, savory and gooey baked brie topped with sweet and tart cranberries, flavored with citrus and spice – I’m not drooling, you’re drooling!
This cheesy dip was such a hit that now I make it as a holiday appetizer, even if I need to make the cranberry sauce specifically for topping a brie wheel. It’s that good.
What Is Baked Brie?
Baked brie is an easy appetizer that involves heating a wheel of brie cheese in the oven until the cheese is melted. Because the rind is left intact, this holds all the delicious gooey cheese inside, ready to be piled with toppings and spread over crackers.
Basically, it’s a piece of heaven on a plate. I keep a few brie wheels handy throughout the holidays for this reason! You absolutely have to try it at your next party, or as a spur-of-the-moment appetizer and experience it for yourself.
This fantastic cheesy appetizer requires a grand total of 3 ingredients:
- Brie Cheese: A large wheel of brie with the rind intact works best when baking.
- Cranberry Sauce: This recipe is a great way to use up leftover homemade cranberry sauce. I especially love to use my Slow Cooker Spiced Cranberry Sauce with all it’s citrusy spiced flavors!
- Crackers for serving.
Should I Remove the Rind Before Baking Brie?
The rind is what gives brie cheese its distinctive funky flavor. You want to leave the rind intact when baking brie, as it keeps the wheel of brie together and all the ooey gooey cheesiness inside while it melts.
How to Make Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce
The beauty of any baked brie appetizer s how insanely simple it is to prepare in a short amount of time! You can leave this recipe until 20 minutes before your guests arrive. Here are the short and sweet steps:
Bake the Brie wheel whole, in a lightly greased oven-safe dish, for about 15 minutes or so until you can see the cheese is soft in the center and oozing slightly.
Once the brie is out of the oven, top with your Cranberry Sauce of choice (fresh is best, of course!).
Serve immediately while warm from the oven, alongside crackers or bread slices for dipping.
Tips for Success
- Take the Brie Cheese Out of the Fridge Beforehand: Letting the brie wheel reach room temperature before putting it in the oven will let it bake evenly.
- Reheat If Needed: A quick zap in the microwave or another short stint in the oven can revive a baked brie that’s cooled down and started to harden. Just be sure to place it in a dish with sides when reheating!
This baked brie with cranberry sauce can be topped with other ingredients, without taking away from the delicious tangy flavors. Here are some suggestions:
- Pumpkin seeds
- Crushed pecans or walnuts
- A drizzle of honey or maple syrup
- Fresh thyme or basil
I love to serve my baked brie with crispy crostini, sliced baguette, store bought crackers or even these easy homemade Rosemary and Garlic Crackers. Cheesy warm brie is great for dipping and smearing!
Here are some other ways to enjoy this festive brie appetizer with cranberries:
- Fresh fruit makes a perfect pairing with most cheeses, but especially this baked brie recipe. Grapes are a classic, plus slices of fresh pineapple, apple, oranges, and berries. You can even go the extra mile with a festive Fruit Tree!
- Serve this baked brie alongside other indulgent party snacks like Asparagus Phyllo Bundles, and Crab Stuffed Mushrooms, and Loaded Baked Potato Bites.
- Baked brie also works nicely as part of a cheese or charcuterie platter with sharp, bold cheeses like Blue Mould and Havarti, and cured meats like chorizo and parma ham.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Store any leftover baked brie only once it’s cooled completely, in an airtight container in the fridge. It will usually keep for 2-3 days before the texture and flavor will start to deteriorate, so its best to reheat it within that window!
Reheat brie cheese in the oven or microwave until heated through, and the cheese begins to bubble.
Can I Freeze Baked Brie?
Brie can be kept frozen for up to 2 months, either baked or unbaked. Wrap the brie wheel in a tight layer of cling film and seal it in a freezer-safe ziploc bag for storage.
More Christmas Appetizers to Try
Put together the appetizer table of your dreams with these other glorious Christmas party snacks:
- Honey Roasted Almonds
- Baked Shrimp Dip
- Bacon and Chives Cheese Balls
- Honey Garlic Steak Bites
- Asparagus Phyllo Bundles
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Cranberry Sauce Topped Baked Brie
- 1 round of Brie
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- crackers , to serve
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Lightly grease an oven-safe dish with baking spray and place unpeeled Brie on the plate.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is soft.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with cranberry sauce.
- Serve with crackers.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.