Roasted Asparagus with Bacon and Feta Cheese – Delicious asparagus is roasted and topped with our delicious favorites, bacon and feta cheese.
That title up there was supposed to read “GRILLED Asparagus…”, but Mother Nature makes her own plans and she never ever asks if her plans will inconvenience others. Thus, I present to you, Roasted Asparagus with Bacon and Feta Cheese.
-Doesn’t my grill look like R2D2? Kinda??? 😀
Just a few days ago it was 94 degrees; we were in tank tops and shorts, and because it was that warm, my plan was to grill over the weekend. …Yeah right…
Yesterday it was 45 degrees, raining, and windy. Needless to say, the asparagus didn’t make it out to the grill – it made it to the oven, instead.
Not that the oven is bad – thank goodness we have them – but I was really looking forward to some grilled asparagus and a big juicy burger.
Truth? I think I wanted the burger a bit more than the green veggie. You, too?? GOOD!
Maybe next weekend.
In other news, if I could eat and live on bacon and feta, I would. I use the combo in every situation possible. I think I could even enjoy tofu if these two rock stars were placed over it. That might diminish the whole deal about tofu, but you know, it’s all about compromise.
Until then, I hope you can enjoy this cheesy, bacony, veggie feast – it’s so darn delicious!
Isn’t that such a beauty up there?! I love it!
Roasted Asparagus with Bacon and Feta Cheese
- 1 pound Asparagus , washed and dried
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 8 slices of bacon , cooked to a crisp
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil, coat well, and add salt and pepper.
- Cook the asparagus for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
- In the meantime, cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp.
- Put the bacon on a paper towel, drain, and crumble; set aside.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven and put it on a platter.
- Sprinkle with bacon, then feta cheese.
- Serve warm.
Recipe was featured in Yummly Nibbles and Bites:
In Season: 10 Asparagus Recipes You’ll Devour