Pumpkin Chocolate Mug Cake – Single Serving Pumpkin Chocolate Mug Cake that is ready in 4 minutes, including prep time! Who said you couldn’t have your cake AND eat it, too!?
HEY! It’s MONDAY! Let’s break into a song!
Here’s the story of a Chocolate Mug Cake,
Who was bored of always being on her own.
She’d been baked and eaten just like all the others, yet always felt alone.
Till the one day when THIS lady had too much pumpkin,
AND she knew that it was much more than hunch,
That this combo must somehow come together,
That’s how this Pumpkin Chocolate Mug Cake became HER BRUNCH!
I always, ALWAYS belt out theme songs with my own words. Not just theme songs… all songs. You should hear my version of the Thong Song!
But, this is a family-friendly place, so we won’t go there. 😉
So, gurrrrl, I warned you – I have 16 cans of pumpkin puree to get through. I’m gonna pumpkin-us-out before the end of the season.
I have rearranged a few priorities in my life. Oh, no no – listening to the New Kids AND watching Friends-reruns is still at the top.
I’ve just decided to stick to serving-sizes. Since I can’t stop at a slice of cake, aaaand since I’m not sure how big that slice should be, I’ve decided to make all MY cakes in a mug. Just for those times when I feel like I need a cake and I want to eat it, too.
Are you looking at that photo wondering what the heck that white stuff is on it? It’s Whipped Cream. The good kind. The fancy kind. Kidding. It’s the kind that comes in a can… I ran out of heavy cream and had to use my husband’s canned-stash to make the cake look pretty-er.
But, besides that. This cake is sort of totally amazing. It takes 2 minutes to prep and, like, one minute + few seconds to bake. That’s it. It’s just enough to satisfy that craving for a big slice of chocolate cake. And pumpkin.
I make mine in a 6-ounce ramekin, just to control myself, and if you cut all the ingredients in half, you can do the same. Portion control is my strength – you can trust me on this one 100%. 😀
Now, head off to the kitchen and make yo’self some cake!
Pumpkin Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- whipped cream , for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar, light brown sugar, pumpkin spice and nutmeg; whisk until well combined and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, vanilla and pumpkin puree; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into an 8-ounce mug.
- Microwave for 75 seconds.
- Remove from microwave.
- Garnish with whipped cream.