Chocolate Mug Cake – Want cake? In just two minutes you can have this perfect single serving chocolate mug cake!
Two years ago today I became a Mother – truly, the best gift EVER. It was the day that I realized what love really was, what caring really meant, and what fear felt like.
This morning I woke up bright and early to make a quick cake for breakfast. I wanted to surprise the birthday girl with something that had sugar, chocolate, and more sugar on top.
I was so excited to give it to her, but I was turned down… WHAT?!?
She walked away from the table, walked up to the pantry, pointed up and said, “Cookie!”. She chose the Oreos over my quick, sugary, chocolatey mug cake.
I told her she could have an Oreo only if she would let me take a picture of her. She agreed. (Normally she runs far and away as soon as I pick up my camera… I run after her and snap with it until I get a decent picture).
That’s the money shot.
I really hope she likes the cake that she will have at her birthday party on Sunday. I probably should have ordered an OREO cake, instead. :/
Ana, Happy 2nd Birthday! You are my love, my кукла, my злато, my душа, my срце, my everything. (translation: doll, gold, soul, heart)
Chocolate Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- In a microwave safe mug, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in milk, oil, water, and vanilla extract.
- Cook in microwave for 1 minutes 45 seconds, or until cake is done in the middle.
- Dust with powdered sugar.