Turn ordinary tomatoes into sweet, crispy tomato chips bursting with delicious flavors. No fryer or dehydrator necessary for these cheesy tomato chips!
You’ve tried my Homemade Baked Banana Chips and my Chili Lime Baked Potato Chips, now it’s time for Parmesan Tomato Chips! A healthy snack or even a light side dish, these thinly sliced tomatoes are sprinkled with parmesan cheese and baked to a tender crispy perfection.
These oven-baked fruits or veggies chips recipes are so easy to make, you’ll wonder why you’ve never tried it. Wonderful in taste, easy to make, and portable, they are the ideal snack, especially for those that are trying to avoid the good ol’ potato chips.
How to Make Oven Baked Crispy Parmesan Tomato Chips!
- We want to start with setting a cooling rack over a jelly roll pan covered with aluminum foil.
- The tomatoes need to be thinly sliced and set on the prepared cooling rack.
- We will brush the tomatoes with olive oil and season them.
- Tomatoes go into a 275F-degree oven for around 2.5 to 3 hours. Please check every now and then to make sure the tomatoes are not burnt.
- Few minutes before taking them out of the oven, you will want to sprinkle the tomatoes with the cheese and bake for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese is melty.
- Remove from oven and let completely cool for an hour.
Gorgeous and healthy, these parmesan tomato chips belong alongside your favorite sandwich, salad, or a snack. You can use as many as 15 tomatoes, or as little as 5. Adjust amounts of seasonings and olive oil, accordingly.
HOW TO STORE TOMATO CHIPS
- The tomato chips should be stored in an airtight container and placed in a dark, dry area.
MORE TOMATO RECIPES
- Roasted Tomato Soup
- Tomato Salad with Sweet Onions
- Rustic Tomato Tart with Green Peppers and Feta Cheese
- Baked Eggs in Tomato Cups
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Parmesan Tomato Chips Recipe
- 10 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- dried basil, to taste
- dried oregano, to taste
- dried rosemary, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 275F.
- Set a cooling rack over a foil lined jelly roll pan.
- Generously spray cooling rack with cooking spray.
- Slice tomatoes and, using a paper towel, gently press out the tomato juices.
- Place tomatoes on prepared cooling rack.
- Brush each tomato slice with extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle each tomato slice with salt, pepper, and dried herbs.
- Bake for 2 to 3 hours, or until tomatoes are dried out. Check every 30 minutes so to make sure the tomatoes do not burn.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle tomatoes with Parmesan cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 4 to 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melty and tops are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let completely cool on cooling rack.
- Store in airtight container.