Mom’s One-Skillet Sausage and Rice – Easy, 30-minute, one-skillet meal with smoked turkey sausage, fluffy white rice and flavorful veggies.
Look, MA! I’m posting one of your awesome dinner recipes!
Look, friends! It’s time for another version of one-skillet/pot/pan deliciousness! AND, thanks to our friends at Minute® Rice for sponsoring this post!
Hi Hi, pals! Happy Sunday! Got plans? It’s supposed to get up to 80 degrees today! After months of sub zero temps, today is going to feel like a heat wave. I’m heading to the beach!
One other thing you should know about me – my food dreams are definitely made of one-skillet, 30-minute meals. Can you tell? I HOPE we’re all on the same page!
Growing up, I remember my mom always managed to have dinner on the table, 7 nights a week. She worked full time, took care of us full time AND made dang good food, all the time. Now that I’m walking in her shoes, I am starting to see that doing all those things is, like, not easy. It’s straight up hard!
Thus, to keep up with this wonder woman status, and as evidenced by the title of this recipe, I took one of Mom’s awesome dinner ideas and included it in our weekly rotation.
When mealtime seems like a hassle, one of my besties, Minute® Rice, is always there to gimme a hand.
Minute® Rice was my mom’s dinner go-to thrice a week. It’s easy to prepare, it’s versatile, it’s delicious, and it takes just minutes to cook. Also, she often made rice pudding with leftovers, which was then our dessert.
Sidenote… come to think of it, back then, we didn’t even realize that we were having rice for both, dinner and dessert. Huh. Smart Mama.
Also? We were eating gluten free before we even knew about gluten free. Just sayin’.
Look at that pan! This is a feel-good situation. Let me tell you about the extras we’re working with. Smoked Turkey Sausage is first.
While my Mom always used her homemade (super woman, I tell ya!) sausages, I take a different route and reach for the skinless, refrigerated type.
Next, our beloved trio – onions, peppers and garlic – are brought together to add to the wonderful texture and flavor. Followed by up some veggie stock and couple handfuls of rice, 20 minutes into the game and BAM! We have dinner on the table.
This creation makes me feel like a dinner hero. Rice for the win!
For more recipes and special offers from Minute Rice, join their Riceipe Club®!
P.S. Scroll down to the widget and enter our KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Mom's One Skillet Sausage and Rice + KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 1 package (14-ounces) Skinless Smoked Turkey Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 1 green bell pepper , diced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1-1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups Minute® White Rice (you can also use Brown Rice)
- fresh parsley , for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add sausage to skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until nicely browned, stirring frequently.
- With a slotted spoon, remove sausages from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to the skillet.
- Stir in onions and green pepper; season with salt and pepper and continue to cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for 1 more minute.
- Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and previously prepared sausage.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low, cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice. All opinions are always 100% my own.